19~ "People Can Easily Fake A Smile."

Justin's POV

I'm spending New Years with my mom in New York and I can't stop thinking of Shawna. Obviously she doesn't miss me, she's had so much fun with her friends without me.

"So have you talked to Shawna?" Mom asked me on our way to Times Square,

"Not for a few days... Mom do you think I'll ever get over her?" I asked.

"Just be patient. She needs some time. She's not in a good situation right now."

"What do you mean? She looks as happy as ever."

"Justin you know that's not true. People can easily fake a smile." Mom said, "Scooter said she's been depressed lately. She's not eating or going out of her room. She doesn't like to talk much... The paparazzi are creating the worst view of her. They make her seem like the world's worst person. They're mentally attacking her."

I couldn't say anything after that. What was I supposed to say knowing that someone as spirited as her is breaking slowly? It's the worst feeling in the world.

"What are they doing to her?" I asked.

"After you cheated on her, her fans started attacking her via twitter. Then she got into the argument with the paps at the airport, she almost got hit by a car, and then people started photoshopping terrible pictures of her. Things just keep coming. There were rumors that she's pregnant, rumors that she's a mental case, rumors that she drinks. So many things."

"How can they do stuff like that?"

"I don't know sweetie. It's terrible, so be careful when you see her tonight."

"Wait what? She's coming to New York?" I felt myself get excited.

"Yeah. Scooter thought he'd get her out of the house and they wanted to see your performance at Rockefeller Plaza tomorrow morning."

"Oh cool! Wait, is it too late for Shawna to perform with me?" I asked.

"I don't think so. You'll have to talk to her."

"Okay. Ahhhhh, I'm too excited now." I smiled.

"Calm down Justin. You still have 5 minutes until we get there." Mom giggled.

I sat impatiently until we got there. There was a pent house that had a party specifically for celebrities that had a view of the ball that dropped at midnight. I went upstairs and saw a ton of celebrities laughing and having a good time. I looked around for Shawna and couldn't find her.

I felt someone tap my shoulder and turned around to see the most gorgeous face looking up at me. Her smile wasn't there but she was still beautiful.

"Hey beautiful." I couldn't help my smile.

"Hey." She slightly smiled.

"I missed you." I went in to hug her but she put her hand out.

"I want to talk." She grabbed my hand and led me to a quiet room still inside the pent house.

"What is it?" I asked her when we sat down on a window ledge.

She tucked her knees up to her chest and wrapped her arms around them. "I just wanted to know if you heard about anything they've said?"

"Yes I have."

"I don't want you to believe any of it." She sighed. "Many people have and it's not making things any better."

"Why would I believe them?"

"I don't know because everyone else has."

"Baby, everything will be okay. Obviously those people aren't worth it. You're an amazing, talented, and strong person. You can get through this, because everything's gonna be alright." I sang the last part.