Chapter 47

Justin's POV

I watched Shawna fall asleep and they took her in for surgery.

"How are you baby?" Mom asked me as me as we waited in the waiting room of the hospital.

"I'm okay, really," I held her hand. "We've both been a little iffy lately. But we're okay. We have each other."

"Yes you do, I know you two can get through this. You guys have been through everything together."

Scooter and Alfredo sat across from us.

"Shawna has Justin to make her happy." Scooter said.

I felt guilty... I went on my phone and erased the messages between me and her. Not her as in Shawna. Her as in Selena. I've been talking to Selena for a few days now.

I wanted to forget everything I told Selena but I couldn't.

"What's that?" Mom looked at my phone.

"Oh nothing," I locked it quickly. "Just erasing unwanted messages."

"Did I see Selena?" Mom asked.

"Nope, it said Shawna." I lied.

Mom tried to grab my phone from my hand and I refused to give it to her.

"Justin have you been talking to Selena?" Scooter asked me.

".... Yes."

"How could you do something like that to Shawna," Mom said. "Especially in a time like this?"

"I don't know. Selena texted me a few days ago and I didn't want to ignore her. I didn't want to keep talking but I wasn't going to be rude to her." I wanted to cry.

I felt so bad and I didn't want things to go this far.

"Well what did you tell Selena? It only matters what you said." Scooter said.

"Well I told her that I wish she was mine." I looked down, I was scared to look at Scooter directly in the eye.

"Justin!" Mom said.

"BUT," I said. "I told her that it was wrong of me to say that and that I didn't mean to. I wasn't thinking and I know I made a mistake, it'll never happen again. EVER. Because I'm the luckiest person in the world to have Shawna." Scooter said.

He widened his eyes and gritted his teeth while holding up his fingers only an inch apart to show me how close he was to being done with me.

"She's not going to find out," he said. "And if she does that's your problem. Now you can tell her yourself or eventually she will find out."

"I know what to do Scooter." I said.

We sat in silence for almost an hour until a nurse called us back.

"She's doing great, now we have the baby out. Sadly she didn't make it but you're more than welcome to see her." The nurse said.

"Can I?" I asked.

Mom put her hand on my shoulder as if to stop me.

"I have to see my daughter." I had tears in my eyes.

The nurse led me into a small nursery where a little baby was laying on a small bed. There was a blanket covering her but she uncovered her and I lost it completely. Full on sobbing. I held her hand and then I picked her up. Her delicate body was cold. My tears dripped onto her soft skin and I had to put her down.

"Um, thanks." I said, my voice was shaky.

I left the room and went to Shawna's room. She was drinking some water and she smiled at me when I walked in.