Their Bundles of Joy

"I hate you Arnav."

This was not what he was expecting to hear when he got a call from his lovely wife. In fact he thought it's one of his babies' missing Daddy but that clearly wasn't the case.

Arnav - So, you called to tell me that?

Khushi - Yes. Why did you have to tell twins that they would have been born earlier, if it wasn't for Aman's calls.

Arnav - Isn't it true? Don't you remember Diwali-

He could hear the gasp on the other side of the call. It was nothing for him to tease her but he just loved her same reactions at each of his teasing.

Khushi - Oh shut up Arnav. Teasing me is ok but joking around with kids, not ok. They're telling everyone at home that Aman is bad and at fault that they didn't come into the world before already.

Arnav - And everyone can understand our two years olds?

Khushi - I saw the blushes on their faces. Now I can't show my face to anyone for the rest of the day.

He smiled having her face right in front of her, how she'd be making a face at him for having her go through this.

Arnav - Did you talk to my daughters?

Khushi - First of all, they're mine too. Stop referring to them as your daughters only and excluding me. And secondly, what do you think? Of course I talked to them but that only worsened everything. Tell children not to do something, they'll do that specifically.

Arnav - Take them out for ice cream. They'll forget everything.

Of course. His answer to everything is taking them for ice cream. But why can't he understand they should be cautious about giving them too much sweet. He's a diabetic after all. But this is a fear she'd never voice out because she believes speaking it out may have it turn true. Although thinking about it is unavoidable.

Khushi - No. You always put me in trouble and embarrass me in front of the family. You and your daughters.

Arnav - There you said it, my daughters!

He smirked having gotten her there while she just nodded in denial and hung up. He chuckled. Seems he is needed at home more currently.

* * *

"No Aarushi. Stop it. Won't listen to your Mumma?"

Khushi put her twins on the bed to change their diapers and clothes but they had other plans. She struggled to catch both of them as they jumped on the bed hitting each other with their teddies. As much she felt blessed to have gotten two at once, sometimes it felt like a punishment. It takes double efforts in everything. While you catch one, the other escapes. While you stop one from breaking something, the other is already at creating more mess. And worst is making them sleep or eat. She can't handle them all alone. Thankfully Di and Jiji are there when Arnavji is out for work.

Arnav - Am back. Missed my babies so much.

Arshi, Aarushi - Dad-ddyyyy

After getting off the bed with little efforts, both the twins run to their father to be carried and pampered by him.

Arnav - I missed you both so much. I hope you missed me too.

Arshi - We missh Daddy.

Aarushi - Mumma thold (scold). No eith theem (ice cream).

Khushi - Of course. Complain about your bad mother always. *look at Arnav* What is in this bag?

Arnav - Some things for my daughters.