The Art of Pacifying

Here you go @ArShi_Angel the prompt you asked for. I'm sorry it may not be exactly as you imagined but that's what you get when you pressurize me, you idiot 😝

He entered the room with a fuming nose and was followed by his wife and daughters whose eyes were all on him. They stood at the door in a line and moved their heads along with him as he strolled across the room, took off his coat, sat on the recliner and scrolled down the screen of his phone. The two small pairs of eyes looked up at the bigger ones questioningly.

Khushi - Today Laad Governor is angry with us. For real!

She whispered kneeling down to them and pouted holding them for support. They glanced quickly at their father and Arshi fisted taking in her mother's distressed face.

Arshi - Mumma, no woy. I handah him!

She caressed her mother's cheek and then walked over to Arnav sitting on the recliner. She stood at the table and poked his leg for attention. Once his eyes were on her, she flared her nose.

Arshi - Lishen, Daddy, no angy! Got it?

He didn't react and turned his eyes back into his phone due to which she widened her eyes for how dare he!

She moved a step and gripped his arms pulling him lower to herself. She grit her teeth and touched his nose with hers.

Arshi - I wahn u Mishtah. I m Mish Alshi Shingh Laizada, no angy me!✊

He cocked a brow at her and straightened himself. Usually he would have given in to her but today he wasn't in a mood to play along.

Arnav - Arshi, enough!

Her jaw dropped at his reply. Why wasn't he scared from her anymore? She turned and walked back to Khushi disappointed. He felt bad but today they had been too much.

Arshi - Shoy Mumma. Daddy vely bad. But u shay no hit.

Khushi kissed her fallen face taking her in arms.

Khushi - Awww my shona, he's not bad. Just a bit angry. I also get angry. We just have to pacify him a bit. Like you always pacify me.

Aarushi - I do. I o-waysh pashif (pacfiy) Mumma.

She assured them smiling and blinked at her twin before moving to her dear Daddy after passing her Barbie doll to her Mom. She climbed on the recliner and turned his face to her pressing it between her tiny palms.

Aarushi - Daddyyyyyy. I uah baby, uah teddy beah. U be gud boi and no angy. Peeeeeeash.😁

She pulled his cheeks passing her cutest smile. Even though he was melting, he didn't give in to their cuteness, not today.

Arnav - No. You can't be good girls, I can't be a good boy.

Her face too fell and she turned to look at her mother who smiled at her nevertheless to not sudden her.

Aarushi - Vely bad Daddy.

She expressed her hurt and climbed off the recliner going back to her mother. Arnav sighed noticing the sadness in her voice. She was anyway more sensitive than Arshi.

He looked over at Khushi as she hugged them both for comfort. She was also looking at him only and grimaced.

Khushi - Don't worry. I won't even try. If your dolls couldn't pacify you, what will a mere Khushi do!?

She pouted patting their backs and Arnav closed his eyes for a moment. He took a deep breathe in guilt and then made his way over to the two who were burying themselves as much in their mother as possible.