Bedtime

Khushi watched her daughters as they FaceTimed to their father who was gone abroad for a week. Aarushi was listing everything she wanted him to get for her while Arshi inquired about everything he does there. She wanted to understand why he was away for so long.

Khushi - Arshi, Aarushi, shona it's time to sleep now. Tell Daddy goodbye and let him work so he can come back soon.

She held their slippers up for him to see. It was a signal for Arnav to wish them good night now. Until he won't cut the call they won't drink their milk, let alone sleep.

Arnav - Mumma is right. I will get back to work so I can finish it and come back home soon.

Aarushi - Not fohget mah toish?

Arnav - Don't worry doll, Daddy won't forget your toys.

Khushi nodded in denial at Arnav. It was a silent order for him to not get many things for Aarushi though she knew he isn't going to listen. He'll still be the spoiling Daddy to his little princesses.

Arnav - Good night babies, we'll talk tomorrow.

He disconnected the call after receiving flying kisses from them. Khushi handed them their milk sippers and sat beside on the bed.

Khushi - Finish your milk fast, then time to sleep.

Aarushi - Mumma, we sheep wid you.

Arshi - Yesh, sho you no shkead (scared) alone.

She narrowed her eyes at them. She was anyway having them sleep here with her during the time Arnav was away but she was amused at their clever attempt of convincing her.

So she joined in their innocent act as she closed the French door and drew the curtains.

Khushi - Yes, it would be nice if you could sleep here with me. I'll be scared else, all alone, without Daddy.

They exchange a look of satisfaction before getting comfortable into their parent's bed.

Aarushi - Oh Mumma, I potekt you.

Arshi - Me too. Come.

Khushi latched the door and stared her three and a half years old patting the space beside her. She couldn't help but admire her babies laying there with crossed legs, just like their father and drinking milk from sippy cups. The Raizada genes clearly outweighed but she least minded it.

Khushi - You two are my strong babies and Mumma is so happy to have you.

She slipped into the quilt on Arnav's usual side and caressed their cheeks, admiring their innocence.

Aarushi - Mumma, you aah butiful, mosht. Even Barbie not sho butiful.

Khushi chuckled at the compliment. Aarushi not only admired Barbie, she was fascinated by her unreal beauty and lifestyle which was the reason why everything she wanted had to be stamped by Barbie. Her bed, sheets and blankets, her clothes, her toys, everything was pink and decorated with Barbie motives.

So now when Aarushi told her that she was more beautiful than her favorite Barbie, she was overcome by ecstasy and motherly pride.

Khushi - Thank you jaan, but I'm not more beautiful than you. You and Arshi, you both are the prettiest girls in the world. And not to forget the smartest, cutest and most adorable babies in the world. You both. And Mumma loves you so much.

She kissed their foreheads and caressed their hair.

Arshi - Shooo, we have iesh keem?

She raised her brows as Arshi showed her white teeth trying to take advantage of the situation.