Overwhelmed by Motherhood

Arnav was sitting in the middle of an important meeting when his P.A. just barged into the room and disturbed it. Everyone sitting around the table averted their eyes to the door. Arnav already gritted his teeth. She can't just disturb a meeting like this. He would have shouted at her if she hadn't spoken her next words.

Miss - Am sorry sir. But, I got a call...it's about the twins.

She was so out of breathe he understood something was wrong. And he felt his throat going dry.

Nobody needed to say anything more. Arnav stood up immediately to rush out but looked at Aman once before who nodded already. He was there to handle everything.

*

He opened the door of his bedroom and found his wife sitting there on the bed and caressing twins' heads. Both of them were having bandages around their heads. He was to head to hospital but got to know from Anjali that they were taken back home already.

He hurried to their side and had a proper look at his two years old daughters. One had a scratch on her knee and the other had few scratches on her arm. He sat beside touching them carefully. They were sleeping peacefully.

He looked up at Khushi now who had been watching him ever since he entered.

Arnav - How did this happen? Why are there bandages around their head?

She looked down gulping and covered them with the blanket. The air conditioner has cooled down the room since the French windows are closed too.

Khushi - Woh...they were playing in the backyard and fell off the climber.

Arnav - The climber? What were they doing there? Why did you let them get on the climber? They are too small for that.

He looked at her in disbelief. She inhaled sharply.

Khushi - I- I wasn't there. They were alone, with Akshay.

He frowned turning his head in dubiety.

Arnav - You left our just-two-years-old twins alone with a four years old? In the backyard, with all those playground equipment where they can hurt themselves!

She could already sense the anger building up inside him.

Khushi - They were running and playing with a ball when I came up. I, I- just came up for five minutes.

Arnav - I DON'T CARE!!! How could you leave them alone there? What if something would have happened to them???

He gritted his teeth grabbing her by the upper arms. Khushi lowered her eyes as he shouted at her accusingly in the fit of rage.

He left her hearing them make noises in their sleep, probably due to his shouts having disturbed them. She quickly got beside and patted both with each hand. She didn't look at him. She knew he was throwing looks at her that could kill.

He was very protective of them. But he would never understand what hell she went through when she found her children lying unconscious with their heads bleeding. It was a nightmare for her. She almost stopped breathing.

*

He came out of the bathroom having changed in casuals and heard her sobbing. She stopped as soon she heard him and wiped her cheeks looking down. He looked at her as she fed their toddlers with bottles while they slept.

As soon he had realized his words and the tone he used with her, he felt bad. But he hadn't apologized for he knew she was wrong in leaving them alone. But now as she saw there sobbing, he comprehended the guilt she must be going through.