Why They're Precious - Part 1

He entered the room half lost and saw Khushi on bed with their 3 years old toddlers. The mother daughters trio were tickling each other and rolling on bed throwing pillows at each other. He smiled a bit at that sight of his angels laughing. But it wasn't enough for him to forget what day it was. So he moved out to the poolside and sat on the recliner.

Khushi noticed her husband's saddened face and it didn't need her much to figure out why. It's his mother's birthday today. The siblings must have shared some memories and shed some tears. She knew how much they missed their mother and wished she would be alive.

She got off the bed and took away the pillows from the twins' hands. They were too engrossed in their game to notice their Daddy's sad face.

Khushi - Now bas. We played enough. I gotta work, so you two go and be with Daddy. He seems sad.

They both jumped gasping and ran out to the poolside. Their Daddy was sad? That was not something they could see and accept speechlessly.

They hopped on his legs immediately making him open his eyes and look at them. Arshi supported herself by keeping her hand on his shoulder while Aarushi cupped his face with her teeny tiny hands.

Aarushi - Why mah doll shad?

Arshi - Mine too. Mah Shona, mah jaan, why sho shad?

He couldn't help but let out a chuckle at his dolls imitating him and Khushi. They looked so infinitely adorable with their sweet smiles.

He locked his arms around both taking them in an open hug.

Arnav - I'm missing my Mumma.

Arshi, Aarushi - Huh

And their jaws dropped in surprise at him mentioning his mother. He had a mother? They never knew. Their little brain couldn't comprehend this new information.

Aarushi - Daddy u Mumma?

Arshi - Like mah Mumma?

Arnav - Yes. I too had a Mumma like you have one. Everyone has one. But mine is, not with me anymore. She's gone far away.

He didn't know if they'll understand it or not but he just wanted to share his pain with his toddlers.

Aarushi - Awwww, my cutie-pie misshing Mumma.

She raised herself a little bit and hugged his head running her hands through his hair. Arshi ran her hand on his cheek acressing it, like the way Khushi does to them.

Arshi - No shad Daddy, I call u Mumma. U no woy (worry).

He smiled at his daughters trying to cheer him up in their cute and adorable way. And he could not suppress his grin as Arshi took his phone and acted to be on a call.

Arshi - Hello? Daddy Mumma thea? Good. Alshi calling. I want to shay Daddy misshing u shoooo much. U come and huggie Daddy...aha, oh. Oh. I shee. Ok, I shay. Bye.

He raised his brows at her. Aarushi looked at her somewhat in surprise but innocent Arshi winked at her. Arnav chuckled nodding in denial. And Aarushi acted along.

Aarushi - Ohhhh, sho what she shay?

Arshi - She shay buzy. Shoo much wok. She come shoon when fee. And then she neva go away.

Aarushi - Good. Sho mah doll no shad. Ok?

They kissed his cheeks now with their arms around his neck. He was so touched by his children making attempts of cheering him up in their innocent away. It was so adorable.

He kissed their foreheads nodding and then couldn't keep himself from pecking their little noses they got from their mother.

Arnav - Ok done. I won't be sad anymore. Thank you for calling my Mumma and letting her know I'm missing her.