Tea Party v/s Pool Party

"Mummaaaaa"

Khushi's heart pricked as she saw her crying baby coming to her with open arms. Leaving all the clothes she was folding, Khushi welcomed Aarushi into her arms and kissed her tears away.

Khushi - Hush, no beta. Don't cry, I am here. Tell me, what happened? Why is Mumma's jaan crying?

Aarushi - Alshi- *sob* no tea pathy *sob* my fiendsh' all thea. Pool.

Khushi listened to her daughter patiently and kept wiping her face between her sobs. Though Aarushi could hardly form any comprehensive words and sentence, her mother understood everything.

Khushi - My shona, don't cry. I'll see why none will come to your tea party.

She carried her three years old toddler and walked out to the backside of the house. And as expected, all kids were there in the inflatable pool. Khushi kept Aarushi on a recliner and turned the music off.

Arshi - Mumma!

Akshay - Massi! Why did you turn off the music?

Khushi - Akshay, Arshi, what is all of this? These kids came for Aarushi's tea party, not for this pool party.

Arshi - They come, pool pathy good. Tea pathy no.

Akshay - Massi, we have ice cream, chips, cold drink, music and a pool. This is all better than a boring tea party so they came here.

Khushi looked at the kids sitting in the pool and turned to look at Aarushi, sitting there with a fallen face. She felt so bad for the poor soul. She had been looking forward to her tea party since two days and even sent out invitation cards which she crafted herself.

Khushi - Fine. You all stay in this boring pool party. Me and my doll will have all the fun at her tea party.

Khushi carried Aarushi kissing her lots and took her back in. She did not like Arshi and Akshay being so careless and inconsiderate of their little sister. She wanted to teach them a lesson and she knew how!

With the help of Prakash brothers, Aarushi's Barbie themed table and chairs were kept outside in the garden under a sun shade. Chocolates, sweets and ice cream shake were kept there. Aarushi smiled and laughed in content as her mother kissed her again and again, fed her ice cream, took part into Barbie dressing up competition while the opposite party stared at them and the food in envy.

Akshay - Massi, we too want ice cream shake. HP!

Khushi - No! You won't get anything. You all have your chips, music and pool. Enjoy that.

Khushi eyed Arshi who took in her twin sitting in their mother's lap and being fed and showered with kisses ever so lovingly. Arshi's glance was penetrating and in that same jealous manner as her fathers'. She smirked as Arshi climbed out of the pool which was just as tall as her but instead of coming to them, Khushi watched her as Daddy's princess ran to him with open arms.

Arshi - Daddy!

Aarushi turned in her Mumma's lap and saw her father taking place beside them with Arshi in his arms. He leaned and kissed Aarushi with a smile.

Arnav - I hope you missed your Daddy!?

Aarushi - Daddy, my tea pathy. Let'sh pay.

Aarushi offered a cup of her exclusive Barbie tea set but frowned as her sister whispered something into his ears. Khushi already nodded in denial knowing it already.

Arnav - What the-! Khushi, why won't you give my princess ice cream in this hot weather?

Khushi - Of course, complaint against me is submitted but what about your own deed?

Arshi held Arnav gritting her teeth. Khushi flared her nose in response.

Khushi - You know, Aarushi had been organizing her tea party since days and was looking forward to it! But your Laadli spoilt it. She and Akshay were giving a pool party here shamelessly instead of joining the tea party. And the other kids also left her.

Arnav - Akshay, come here, right now!

Akshay - No, you'll scold me. I won't come.

Arnav turned to look at Akshay still sitting in the pool and acting a cool dude with sunglasses and a beach ball.

Khushi - Arnavji, you always scold Akshay, won't say anything to this Choti Laad Governor?

Aarushi - Daddy, she bad. Shold (scold) her! All.

She pouted to her - now Ex - Friends sitting in the pool alongside her cousin.

Arnav - Don't worry doll, I'll scold each and everyone. And Khushi, Arshi is three years old. I don't think she would do things to ruin her sister's party. But I know someone who's always jealous at twins getting all the attention in this house.

He eyed his nephew Akshay who's always complaining about twins being treated as princesses by all and feels none even looks at him though it's not true.

Akshay - It was Arshi's idea! I didn't do anything.

The parents looked at Arshi who shook her head sternly. They know their daughters don't lie. Khushi got up keeping Aarushi in her chair and walked over to the pool.

Khushi - Nisha, Rhea, Mannu, come out of pool. I will help you get dressed and HPji will drop you at your homes.

She wiped them all with towels and got them back into their clothes.

Khushi - Akshay, am very disappointed with you. You're their brother and elder to them, still you don't care of their happiness.

HP came and took the kids to drop them into their respective homes.

Arnav wrapped Arshi in a towel too now and sat down on a little pink chair of Aarushi. The trio watched Khushi as she wrapped Akshay in a towel and knelt in front of him.

Khushi - You know how brothers and sisters take care of each other and their happiness? Your Dad and Arnavji, you see how they take care of Anjali Bua? They do everything for her happiness. And me and your Mumma, we would anything for each other. And then there's you, getting jealous of his sister instead of being happy with them!

He looked down holding the towel as he considered her words.

Akshay - I am sorry.

Khushi - Don't ask me for sorry, it's Aarushi whose tea party you spoiled. She doesn't disturb you either when your friends come over and you all play video games.

Akshay - I know. I'll say sorry.

She nodded with a frown and followed him.

Akshay - Aarushi, I am sorry. I was a bad brother, I won't do again. We are good?

She looked at him narrowing her eyes but smiled eventually.

Aarushi - Ok. Come, we tea pathy and pay gamsh.

The five sat down on the tiny chairs with Barbie motives and drank from the empty pink cups as it is supposed to be in a tea party while talking about the newest gossip in Barbie's World. Being the good hostess she is, Aarushi thanked everyone in her Raizada-ish manners for coming and already announced her upcoming slumber party next week.