Relaxing Arnav

Today was the day to relax. It happened after five whole weeks that Arnav Singh Raizada could finally just sit at the poolside and feel at ease with a bottle of Beer. No work trip, no meetings, no business events, no video conferences, no tiring festivals, no energetic kids and no nagging wife.

He shouldn't be misunderstood. He loves his wife and children but his schedule has been exhausting him with him trying his best to balance work and family altogether. He couldn't neglect his family for work but he couldn't ignore work either as it was important for him to make sure the Raizada kids get all the comfort they deserve, the comfort every child deserves.

But that demanded sacrifices. And the only thing he could sacrifice was his peace of mind and sleep.

Khushi and the twins were gone to Laxmi Nagar over the weekend. They are supposed to be coming the next day and as he had been working till late night yesterday, he had just this one evening to calm his nerves and get his full sleep.

'DADDYYYY'

Or not?

He hid the bottle behind his plants. He stood up and went into the bedroom to see his three years old twins running towards him with open arms.

'DADDYYY'

Arnav - Heeeey, my dolls are back...so soon.

He tried to sound less surprising and more enthusiastic but failed completely. Even though he picked his overly joyed daughters in his arms, Khushi had noticed his tone and she understood it.

Khushi - They wanted to come back to their Daddy and I had to give up in front of your stubborn ASR genes.

He chuckled at Khushi and put his daughters on the bed who'd been kissing his whole face longingly. Khushi neared him with their nightdresses into her hands.

Khushi - You saw Daddy, now time to change and sleep.

'Nooooo'

They run to the headboard opposing her plans for them. Arnav smiled at his babies. How sweet they are.

Khushi - Arshi, Aarushi, you are wearing shoes and dirtying the bed sheet. Get back here. Right now!

Arshi - No. We pay wid Daddy.

Aarushi - And sheep with Daddy.

She flared her nostrils at them with her hands resting on the hips. Why were they always just testing her patience?

She handed Arnav their night pyjamas and walked to the side of the bed and leaned to catch them but they run back to the other side immediately and start giggling finding amusement in this game. Khushi once again attempted to get hold of them but in vain.

Arnav - Ok enough. Arshi, Aarushi, come here dolls.

Khushi opened her mouth in awe for how easy they went to him. He just opened his arms and they immediately jumped into him.

Khushi - Now change them. I'll put them to sleep then.

'NOOOOOOOO'

They screamed expressing their denial once again and struggled into his hold. And there go his plans for a relaxed evening.

Arnav - Ok Ok, don't sleep then. We'll play. But at least change before. See, Daddy is also in his night pyjamas.

They lean down and scan him from toe to head for confirmation. He wasn't wearing any suit, tie and formal pants but a long sleeved shirt and a tracksuit pants which they recognise to be his night clothes and nod in approval with pouts adoring their faces.