First Day At Preschool

The car stopped at the parking lot right behind the building and the couple got off the front seats to carry their 4 year olds out of the back seats.

Arnav - We're there. This is your preschool.

He pointed to the colorful building with cartoon arts on the walls. Khushi looked down at her twins. Arshi stood camly holding her hand while Aarushi left her father's hand and grabbed her cuddly unicorn bag from Khushi.

She put it on her back and smiled at her parents.

Arushi - I go shool. You go home. Bye. Alshi, come.

Arnav chuckled at his little sweetheart who was eager to go to school. She had been excited and looking forward to this day.

Arshi rolled her eyes at her sister ordering her and looked up at Khushi whose mouth hung low. She couldn't believe her kid was ready to just leave them like that and not care like most kids.

She tightened her hold on Arshi, lest she too would just follow Aarushi.

Teacher - Hello Mr. and Mrs. Raizada.

The teacher attended them right outside their class and bent down to the two little curious faces ogling her.

Teacher - And these must be Arshi and Aarushi, the new bears.

Aarushi - You beah! I no beah. Daddy, shee. She bad.

She pulled Arnav's hand so he would scold her. But Khushi gasped and nodded in denial at her.

Khushi - Aaru, shona no. She isn't insulting you. She's calling you a bear, because that's how your group is called. The bears.

Teacher - Exactly.

The teacher laughed a little finding the pout on her face adorable.

Arshi - Why beah? No people? This no zoo. It's shool!

Khushi facepalmed feeling slightly embarrassed for their behavior. What would the teacher think of them?

Already behaving like the little Laad Governor's they are. Misunderstanding and questioning things for no apparent reason.

Arnav thinned his lips suppressing his chuckle at Arshi's comment. The teacher just laughed it away and smiled at Arnav Khushi.

Teacher - They are really so cute. I'm happy to have them in my group.

Khushi - Please take care of them well. It's the first ever time they'll be without me for so long. That too outside home. And, all on their own. Since the time I birth them, they haven't been out of my sight for any longer than ten minutes.

He took a glimpse of his wife as her voice became heavy. He understood she was becoming emotional about leaving them in a stranger's care for the first time. She bad grabbed their hands into hers and holding them close to herself.

He kept his hand on her waist, providing her the emotional support she needs right now.

Khushi - They may have problems getting along with the kids in their class. You see, they usually just play with their cousin and we have our own playground at the backyard so they don't get to interact with a lot of kids too. They're a bit secluded and don't like to-

Arnav - Khushi, hey, relax.

He pressed her closer into a side hug.

Khushi - No no Arnav. I, I'm- just one more thing, I know the kids get meals and snacks here but they might not eat anything made by someone else. So I packed their tiffins. They're in their bags. Please feed them those. They don't eat good. I have to run behind them and-