Chapter 15: "I'm Fine."

Word Count: 1669.

SAM'S POV:

Great. Just great.

A yawn escaped me as I walked swiftly along the pathway. Rain was beating down mercilessly like bullets and I was thankful I'd brought my jacket today. After everything I'd experienced recently, the last thing I needed was to arrive at school soaking wet.

Crash.

I practically leapt out of my skin as thunder boomed and roared when lightning sank its teeth into the earth. The pain I was feeling was almost indescribable, causing me to limp slightly but it was nothing I wasn't used to. Ever since him, I'd been used to stuff like this...

The door swung open and hit the wall with a loud bang as he came flying at me. He grabbed my neck and smashed my head against the wall and tightened his grip. I tried to scream but nothing came out. 

I was dragged from my thoughts when I noticed an elderly lady hobbling along the path on the other side of the road in a thin cardigan, her frail arms wobbling from the sheer cold today. I didn't hesitate, I ran across the road (well, it was more wobbling but you know) and stopped in front of her.

She looked very ill and had to be around seventy years old. Quickly removing my jacket, I draped it over her with a smile and she placed a hand on the jacket. She reminded me so much of my Mom on those dark evenings.

"Here. It'll keep you warm." I smiled and she looked at me before going to remove it but I stopped her.

"That's very kind of you dear, but I can't let you go cold." She frowned, causing me to shake my head. "Your face... it's bruised."

I swallowed the memories of the punches and kicks, ignoring her latter comment.

"It's fine. I'm nearly at my destination anyway." I said, which was a lie since I was still a good twenty minutes away from school, if not more, but she needed it more than me. 

After much convincing, she agreed to take it and thanked me profusely. I made sure she walked safely down the sidewalk for a bit before crossing back over. I continued on my way, every part of my bruised body aching. 

My clothes were soon drenched through and through, the sky covered by a shutter of grey; not a single sound could be heard. It was a sort of eerie silence... and I wasn't too fond of it. Without warning a car drove past me, sending the puddle on the road up into the air and onto me. My hair flopped down onto my face, covering my tired eyes. I stood there for a moment, wishing the world would give me a break for a moment. Yet it didn't.

Great.

As I raised my head to move again, the sound of voices nearby got my attention. I recognised them far too well. Mike and his friends. I set off in a sprint, ignoring my muscle's cries of pain. Suddenly I lost balance and slipped, landing face-first into a puddle. Laughter taunted me from behind as I raced to my feet and set off again. 

Please don't catch me, not again!

_-_

FRED'S POV:

"I'm serious, can you guys keep an eye on him for me?" I begged and Oli rose an eyebrow.

"It's not that I don't mind doing it, he's a funny dude anyway. It's the fact that you aren't doing it that bothers me." He responded and his eyes narrowed.

"Sorry mate, but he has a point there. Why are you suddenly unable to keep an eye on him?" Ryan questioned and I sighed. "You guys are like the closest friends I know and are always hanging out. So what's going on buddy?"