Chapter 34: Shopping Scheme

SAM'S POV:

"Remind me again why I agreed to come with you?"

My arms were currently weighed down with various and seemingly continuous pieces of formal attire. I, of course, knew the answer to my question. I rather enjoyed shopping but had expected the trip to be like the others; Emily picking out outfits for her 'new wardrobe' but I was wrong.

"Because..." She trailed off as she took a tuxedo off the rail, "You love me."

I grunted as more weight was added to the heap of clothes, frowning at Emily's gleeful smile. Somehow I had ended up being roped into buying a tuxedo for a prom I wasn't even sure I was going to.

"You know what I meant. Why are you picking out all these suits and smart garments? I'm never going to need them!" I huffed and Emily still continued to look for more articles of clothing. 

She seemed to ignore me and her search halted when her phone rang out in her handbag. In an instant she picked it up and put it to her ear, leaving me standing in the middle of the store like an idiot.

"Oh, hey! It's going well, it's so hard to find good items but we have a few."

I raised an eyebrow and gestured towards the abundance of clothing I was holding but I was just waved away. I tapped my foot impatiently, the weight of the clothing piled up in my arms becoming too heavy.

"Don't worry, I'll make sure. I'll let you know as soon as we're done. How's it going on your end?"

To say I wasn't puzzled would be a lie. It was clearly a man on the phone but it didn't quite sound like Fred, yet I couldn't make out who it was. I wondered perhaps if it was her father, who was usually away on business but I suspected he wouldn't have made an international call.

"Really? That indecisive? Polar opposites then." Emily laughed and wrapped up her conversation before grabbing my arm and steering me to the fitting rooms.

Once we arrived, the shop clerk seemed shocked at the number of items I had to try on. She seemed to be about to object when Emily stepped forward.

"Oh my gosh, I love your hair! Where did you get it done? I'm jealous!" She started and I instantly knew she was charming her way into the curtained area. 

Annoyingly it worked as soon enough the lady allowed me to pass and the two became entangled in dialect. I pulled the curtain to conceal myself and hung up all the hangars, finding myself bombarded with at least twenty different choices.

Perhaps if I just pretended to try them on then-

I was interrupted mid scheme by Emily.

"Make sure you come and show me each one!"

I groaned and reluctantly began changing. The first was a simple black, generic tuxedo with a bow tie. Once it was on, I stepped out and awaited Emily's verdict. I felt a fool and my face flushed in embarrassment, feeling like a child having to show their mother every outfit they picked out.

"Hmmm." She hummed and I narrowed my eyes at her. 

'Hmmm'? That's it?

"Nope, too boring and dull." She exclaimed and spun me back around. "Next!" 

With a not-so-friendly nudge, I stumbled back behind the curtains.

"Boring is right..."

_-_

FRED'S POV:

I sat on the floor, staring hopelessly at each tux slowly. I couldn't decide which one to get. I wanted to look as amazing as possible for Sam, regardless of whether we ended up going together or separately. No doubt Sam would look stunning in his attire, showing off his perfect figure and complimenting that adorable face of his.