Chapter 22: Lucky

(PICTURE: Mike)

EMILY'S POV:

"Stop it, Mike! I'll be late for class!" I laughed as he showered me with kisses. 

I pushed him off and he leant back onto the chair, his arms resting on the back of it. It was lunch break and I'd decided to spend it with the literal best boyfriend in the world: Mike. Unfortunately, that meant leaving Sam alone in the library - though he was settled and focused on doing some homework. 

Sam refused to leave the library during breaks and it was starting to worry me. Mike had asked about Sam and whether he'd be okay on his own but after I told him that he was busy in the library he was satisfied and messaged his mates to let them know he'd be with me at lunch.

He was just the best.

Mike leant in for a kiss and our lips brushed but we were halted by vibrations coming from his leg. He leant back again and took out the source of the insufferable vibrations, his phone. Glancing at the screen, his face turned into a scowl.

"Everything alright?" I asked, placing my hand on his left bicep. He yanked it from my grip but instantly apologised and put his head to my neck, sighing as he did so.

"Yeah, sorry babe. It was my mates. Some teacher wants to see me after school," He groaned, "So I won't be able to drive you back in my car today."

"I don't mind wait-" I began but he put a finger to my lips, silencing me.

"I'll be a long time. It's not my only detention." He said and I nodded, somewhat bummed out that he was busy tonight. 

I took in his appearance. He was wearing a stylish brown leather jacket for a change, his hair pushed sideways seemingly effortlessly and a smirk on his well-defined face. He moved closer to me.

"You know... the big game is coming up and it's customary for players to give their girls their spare jersey," Mike put his mouth to my ear, his breath fanning it. "I bet you'd look gorgeous in it. So what do you say, gonna come and watch?" 

I nodded, earning myself a kiss, and the bell rang. It signalled the start of the last period, much to everyone's dismay. I got to my feet, grabbing my bag with a smile directed at Mike.

"I gotta get to class or my parents will ground me for a week. Talk later 'kay." I said and he smiled, waving me goodbye. 

I returned the favour as turned the corner into the corridor.

_-_

SAM'S POV:

I let out a sigh as I tried to focus on my science work, my body aching with every single movement I made and unable to bring myself to concentrate. I was exhausted, bruised, battered and fed up. What's more, Emily had ditched me to go hang out with Mike.

I looked around me, the library deserted. I was the only person here.

I rested my head on the desk in front of me for a moment but raised it again when I heard footsteps. I looked in their direction and recognised the three of them; Mike's mates. Hastily, I chucked my stuff into my backpack, knowing full well that lot never come to the library which meant Mike must've found out where I was hiding. I had a feeling Emily had something to do with it - whether she knew what Mike wanted the information for or not.

I hauled my heavy bag over my shoulder and went to leave when I collided with something, no, someone.

"Why hello Samuel. Mike's been looking for you. He's missed you..." They said, each letter laced with venom.