1 YEAR SPECIAL

Original Title: 1 YEAR SPECIAL

October 2nd 2019: Hi! So it's been a whole year since I first began writing this book. The story line has changed and, admittedly, gotten a bit deeper than originally planned. My future works will be more 'fluffy' hopefully. However, if you're enjoying this more deeper kind of story then let me know by voting and commenting! Love you guys, bye! <3

June 29th 2021: Who would have thought that after all this time I'd be back to rewrite this. It's actually technically been nearly four years since this books' inception but three since the first chapter was published. Nevertheless, here is the special chapter that was written to commemorate one year of writing this book.

(Song at the top was my favourite of the song album from Troye Sivan that I listened to whilst writing this chapter. You can play it as you read if you wish, recommended point marked.)

---

FRED'S POV:

A pleasant breeze ran through my hair as I sat on the emerald-green field, a navy blue hoodie keeping me warm. Sam and I met on it often to play various games like soccer, or to talk about... well, stuff I guess. It was a place we always came back to and it was somewhere where I found comfort, even if I was there alone.

I'd aced the mock science exam, thanks to Sam's tutoring and decided to take a night off to relax. I had thought about inviting Sam but I decided against it, instead, I sat on the cold earth in solitude.

We'd been coming here for years, for as long as I could remember. We'd gotten terribly muddy, soaking wet, sweaty (no, not like that)... I could go on for a while. There had been some amazing moments on that field. It took me back to how far we'd come and just how close we'd grown. We gained Emily along the way but she only ever came with us to the field the one time... for a very particular reason.

_-_

It was a relatively mild summer- just two years ago actually. We'd finally convinced Emily to come with us to the field and play some soccer.

Sam's hair was relatively short

"So how is this gonna work? There's only three of us." Emily pointed out and I hummed, deep in thought.

"We could do two against one and rotate who's on their own every five minutes or so?" Sam intelligently suggested and we all agreed. 

First up it was Emily and me versus Sam.

I started off by letting Emily make the first assault on Sam's goal - cleverly made with our bags - and I moved up the field in case she wanted to pass it to me. Sam may not have been muscular but he was tactical and a lot stronger than he looked.

"Oh no, you don't!" Sam shouted and intercepted her, clearly expecting me to let her go first. 

He swiftly removed the ball from Emily's position, rather smoothly might I add, and sent the ball towards our goal made up of Emily's bag and a pile of our drink bottles.

"Sorry Sam, but not good enough!"

I appeared by his side and tackled him. Unlike Sam, I was prepared to use some force but would obviously do it gently so as not to hurt him. He yelped in surprise as I stole the ball, spinning around and launching it into his goal, scoring us a point. I went up to Em and high-fived her, then we stuck our tongues out at a rather adorable pouting Sam.

"B-But, you were... huh?" I couldn't help but laugh at his puzzled expression. 

You see I was the fastest in our year and whilst he may have been able to predict my tactics, I knew his. Being best friends for years tends to enable that.