Astronomy (4)

"I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night" -Sarah Williams

"What's that face for?" George asked instantly, "Did you see Honey on your way here? That's your 'I just spoke to Honey' face."

"We have care for magical creatures together!" He said excitedly. Lee watched them curiously, having regularly heard them talk about 'Honey' but never knowing who she was.

"I knew I should have signed up for it!" George said, jokingly snapping his fingers.

"She signed up for astronomy too." Fred pointed out, "Which we both have with her."

George did a small dance in his seat until McGonnagal came into the room and told him to stop, so she could start her class. Lee made a mental note to ask them about her, and make sure they told him that time instead of dodging the question as they had been.

Fred and George signed up for Astronomy knowing that Honey would do the same. Ever since they were young she was fascinated by the sky and stars, and couldn't wait to take the class that was only availabe to third years like most elective classes were. She had plenty of books, and could spot a constilation at first glance, but wanted to take the class and hear what the professor had to say as well.

When they got to the astronomy tower, the were unsurprised to see her already their. The class took place at eight o'clock, so the sky outside was dark, but her pale blonde hair she had pulled into a messy bun shone white in the moonlight, making her easy to spot.

"Hello." They said at the same time, making her squeel lightly in surprise. She smacked them both on the chest lightly with one hand, and held the other to her frantically beating heart.

"You scared me!" She said, slightly breathless. They couldn't help but grin, as Lee caught up finally and took the seat next to them.

"I'm Lee." He said, since the twins hadn't said anything. He tried to think of her name but could only rememeber 'Loony Lovegood' "I'm afraid I don't know your first name."

"Honey. It's nice to meet you, Lee." She said in her airy voice, having recovered from the twins scare.

"You're Honey?" Lee asked, staring at her with wide eyes, then at Fred. Fred gave him a warning look, and Lee quickly fixed his face. "I mean, your name? Honey is your first name and not a nickname?"

"That is my actual name. They talk about me a lot then?" She asked with a teasing smile at the twins. They turned red as Lee laughed.

"Yeah, they do." He said, causing the two of them to punch his shoulder roughly. Just as Lee went to say something else, the astronomy teacher came into the room and started the lesson without further ado.

Harry Potter proved to be just as exciting as everyone expected him to be, by becoming the youngest quiddich player at Hogwarts ever. The twins explained what happened while Harry was in flying lesson as told to them by Ron. It almost made Honey wish she liked Quidditch. She use to play with the Weasleys at the Burrow, but she got too distracted and ended up breaking her arm. That would have been fine if everytime she sat to watch the twins play she was hit with a bludger. After a while she gave up tryinng to watch and would just hang out with Ginny while they played.

After two years of not having classes with the twins, she was happier than ever since she did. They were her best friends afterall, along with Cedric. He never wanted to hang out with them when they hung out after class, but never told her why. Sometimes he would lie and say he had something to do, but Honey could pick out a lie better than she could pick out what she wanted to wear. She never brought it up , even though it bothered her.

That year when by faster that the others, because she was happpier than any of the previous ones. The ending waws quiitee a bit different though, with Voldemort having been hiding on the back of their defencee teachers head. When they got wind of what happened, they were surprised to say the least. They didn't know that Ron had it in him to do those things alongside his friends Hermione and Harry.

Honey once again spent her summer between the Weasleys and Diggory houses, though she spent more time with Fred and George. Cedric had taken to lying to her so often that she lost count. He was a good friend, but she no longer felt like she could trust him. She never lied to him, so it wasn't fair for him to lie to her.

She confided in the twins one day during the summer as they sat in the chairs they had dragged into the middle of the woods. It was a nice day outside, by Honeys standards at least. The sky was grey with the threat of rain, and the wind was strong and cool. She liked this kind of wether because she liked the way the damp ground felt against her bare feet and the humidity clung to her like an extra layer or skin.

It wasn't Geroges favorite, as he preferred the sun, but Fred loved it because she did.

"What do you mean he lies to you?" George asked, when she brought it up.

"He just lies to me about the smallest things. Like where he is going and what he's thinking about or what he is doing. Small little infuriating white lies." She said with a sigh. "I feel like I can't trust him like I use too. I can't even remember the last time either of you were dishonest with me."

"It's cause we aren't." Fred said, suddenly hanging upside down above where she sat. He was in the tree like he normally was. "Just talk to him about it."

"What if he gets angry for accusing him of it, or asks how I know?" She asked, pulling a leaf out of his hair with a grin. He pulled himself back up as she continued. "I can't exactly not answer him."

"Then you can run away and find us!" George responded, dodging Fred as he fell from the tree and landed on the ground with a thump. The noticed the time was five o'clock, so they said there goodbyes and headed their seperate ways. She would go back the next day, and was always leaving her shoes there anyway. She thought about what she would say to Cedric as she walked home.

Honey decided to go to Cedrics that weekend, as the twins were having Lee over. He had arrived Thursday afternoon, and she as begining to get bored of staying home. She had been avoiding going to Cedric for a while, and decided that she would have to face him eventually. Amos, Cedrics father, had offered to pick her up, but she decided to walk as she would have to pass the Weasleys to get there, and needed to stop by for her shoes.

She told her father where she was going, and headed out. It took her almost ten minutes to the Weasleys house, and she was surprised to find none of them outside like they normally were on a nice afternoon. She let herself in like she normally did, and said Hello to Arthur who was in the living room, explaining that she was just stopping by for her shoes. He just chuckled and told her to take her time. She asked where everyone was and he replied that he wasn't sure.