The Whole Story(25)

Mable and George pretended to be mad about the two of them leaving, but really weren't. Not when they saw the biggest smile on Honey's face in weeks. The trip was just what she needed to cheer up. They all met back up together in the square, after Fred and Honey decided it was time to head back. They were getting plenty of funny looks from people from their place on the ground, where the grass was starting to grow.

When they got back to the castle, Honey listened to Mable rant about George, and how he opened doors and bought candy for her like a real man. The only thing she didn't like was the amount of girls that stared at him even though they saw her there. They did the same with Fred, and Honey admitted that it bothered her a bit but wasn't anything she could handle. She cheered her up about it by reminding her of the amount of guys that look at her like the girls did George.

The next day, the two of them met up with Cedric in the courtyard for him to tell them all about his date. He took her to the tea shop, which instantly made them laugh. The tea shop was the most cliche place he could think of, but Cho ate it up happily. Turns out she liked cliche. He said he would go on a date with her again, but didn't want to get her hopes up in case it didn't work out, meaning that the date wouldn't be anytime soon.

They had moved onto talk about quidditch, which Honey never really enjoyed talking about so she let her eyes wonder. Just against the treeline, she noticed the dog again, and was again filed with the fact that it was just wrong. The dog was near the womping willow, which surprisingly didn't budge from its spot, and it made it's way closer to the school. Honey made up an excuse about going to the bathroom, and her two friends were so wrapped up in their conversation that they just waved her off saying have fun. They didn't notice her gesture for the dog to follow, who did, staying in the shadows as not to be seen. She was halfway to the kitchens when someone called her name, making the dog flinch deeper into the shadows.

"Honey!" Ron yelled, backing up just as he rounded the corner. He had seen her out of the corner of his eye, and remembered he needed to tell her something.

"Hey guys" She said, noticing he had Hermione and Ron.

"I was supposed to tell you something" He said thoughtfully, making a stained thinking face.

"Take your time" She said, laughing a little. She turned to Harry as he thought. "Did you ever get your broom back?"

"Yeah, I did" He said, smiling awkwardly. He and Honey didn't really talk often, even though they were around each other.

"That's good. I don't understand what the big deal about it but I'm pretty sure I heard the boys moaning about how cool it was since they found out you got it" She said, making him laugh. She had a way of making people comfortable with her, even though she wasn't trying. "Last time I got on a broom, Ron nearly killed me, so if I were you I wouldn't let him on."

"I did not! You just... fell" He said, his face turning red. Harry and Hermione laughed at him, making him turn even redder. "Whatever! Fred and George were looking for you, that's what it was."

"Thanks, i'll keep an eye out for them" She said, ruffling his hair a bit. He swatted her away as if she were his mother fixing his hair, and Honey walked away with a wink in their direction.

She finished walking to the kitchens, almost forgetting about the dog following behind her. Inside she asked the house elf for quite a few things, that he got for her happily. She put it all into her bag and went back out of the kitchen where the dog was waiting.

"I'm following you now" She said to it.

She followed the dog to the edge of the womping willow, and after a moments hesitation, into it. She wondered what she was getting herself into, and if she was going to get murdered. Sirius Black was out, after all, though she didn't quite believe that story either. A lot of times, things were blurred. If a person believes a lie, then it isn't a lie to them which makes it hard for her to interpenetrate things from the newspaper. All she knew was that she didn't have the full story, so if the dog really was Sirius Black, she wasn't all that scared.

"Are you Sirius Black?" She asked it, making it stop dead in its track. 

It seemed frozen in fear, for a solid second reminding her of the people who were petrified. It's shock was enough to confirm her suspicions, as if it wasn't, it would have simply kept walking. She let out a sigh, merely at her luck. She was in the shrieking shack with a possible mass murderer. 

"I don't think that the papers tell the whole story" She said, "I know something isn't right, so how about you sit and eat with me, and tell me all about it. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't burning with curiosity."

After a moments hesitation, the dog changed into Sirius Black. Though, it was a much more warn down, skinny, and sad version of him. The look on his face was enough for her to know that he was nervous , and scared, and already regretting his decision to show himself. Honey's eyes landed on the dusty, rickety table, and she walked over to it and sat down, pulling the food out of her bag and putting it onto the side across from her.

"Well, come on" She said kindly.

"I didn't kill those people" He said, as soon as he sat down. "I really, really didn't. You were right when you said that no one knows the full story. You have to believe me."

"I do" She interrupted, "Can you talk and eat at the same time? A strong gust of wind would blow you over!"

He didn't need to be told twice, and started eating the sandwiches that she brought and explaining the real reason he was imprisoned, starting from the beginning. He told her all about how he thought Peter Pettigrew was their friend, but he turned dark side and betrayed them. He let the location of Lily and James out, so that Voldemort could kill them and Harry.

"But why are you here?" She asked him, her heart heavy. She couldn't imagine the pain he had gone through, and it hurt to even try. To her surprise, he pulled out a newspaper, and not the one she gave him the day before. 

"That rat, is Peter Pettigrew" He said, pointing to a picture.

"I freaking knew it" She shouted in surprise. 

"What?" He asked her in confusion, as her face turned red from her outburst.

"Oh, it's just, well it's the same way I knew that you were an animagus" She said, "and also that things been alive for twelve years, and the story is that they found him in the garden. Garden rat's don't live that long."

He didn't know Honey well, but there was something about her that was familiar to him. Maybe it was because he had a daughter or, he almost did. The woman left him before the baby was even born and he never saw her again.