Too Far Gone (18)

AUTHORS NOTE: I am reluctant to post this chapter to say the least. Please tell me what you think so I know whether or not to change it! It all depends on what you guys think.

Fred and Honey agreed to meet up later on, where Mable and George couldn't hear and interrupted  them, and decided to turn it into a prank day together, something they hadn't done in a very long time. It gave them both excuses to leave as well, one that Honey wouldn't be lying about when Mable asked where she was going. It was an hour after dinner when she left, and she met Fred outside the Gryfandor common room.

"George left with Lee, so we can just prank him. I don't want us to run into him and Lee while we plot" he said to her, letting her into the common room.

"Perfect!" She said following him up the stairs, and ignoring the look she got from Angelina. She couldn't see who Fred had with him, though. She just saw that it was some girl.

"So what sort of things does George say about her?" She asked, throwing herself into Freds bed casually. She had been up there a few times before, but never alone with him. He locked the door behind him encase George came back up, per Honeys suggestion.

Fred layed next to her, explaining the sort of things George said. They discussed whether or not he was actually going to stop messing around with other girls, in order to persuade Mable.

"I think he will" Fred said firmly, as Honey laid her head on his chest comfortably. They had been talking a while, by that point, about what they said about each other.

"Why don't you do that?" Honey asked him curiously, moving to where she was laying sideways to look at him.

"Do what?" He asked confused, instantly aware of how little space there was between them as he had copied her actions on instinct.

"Mess around with girls like George does. It isn't like you can't" she said, noticing for the first time that he had only dated Katie Bell for a while, but that didn't work and he never spoke of liking anyone again.

"I don't want too" he said with a shrug, knowing it wasn't a lie but also not the complete truth either.

"A special girl in mind?" She asked, trying to figure him out. She didn't sound pressing, just curious. He wanted to tell her no, but she was too close to him. His brain told him he was going to say no, but his mouth had other plans.

"Yeah"

Honey knew as soon as he said it, that he didn't mean too. That made her feel guilty, and back herself up so she wasn't so close to him. She never wanted to force him to tell her something he didn't want too.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you say that." She said, "you don't have to tell me anything you don't want."

She was sad about it, of course, but she was his friend above all and forced herself to be happy for him. To her surprise, he pulled her back to him, this time trapping her underneath his body as he hovered over her. He knew she felt guilty about something she couldn't control, and would try to stay away from him if he didn't stop her.

"I should have already told you" He said, once again using his fingers to move her hair, this time away from her neck. Instead of a blush, she felt shivers run down her spine at his touch.

Her breath caught in her throat, as he inched closer to her, so slowly if she hadn't already been focused on how close he was she wouldn't have noticed. Fred had read in a book once that all it took to do something was thirty seconds of intense bravery, but all he needed was two.

As soon as his lips collided with hers, she responded with just as much emotion as he had, and neither one of them felt anxious any longer. Everything about the other put them at ease and filled them with such a sense of belonging that there was no stopping them. They were to far gone and so wrapped up in each other that they let their bodies take over, and neither one minded when their hands started to roam.

George and Lee got back into the common room after successfully pranking filtch, and were surprised when Angelina stopped them from going up the stairs.

"You probably don't want to go up there quite yet" she said casually, her voice sounding just a tad bitter. "Fred's brought a girl up"

"A girl?" They both asked surprised, stepping away from the staircase slowly.

"Did you see who it was?" George asked her,

"No, but they've been up there a while now."

"Define a while" Lee said, confused. Fred was all about Honey, and they couldn't think of anything or anyone that could change that.

"Two hours maybe" She said, shrugging. It was so unlike him that she just wanted to know who he was up there with, which is why she stayed down while everyone else went to their dorms.

George and Lee occupied their time with trying to guess who it was he had up there. Never in a million years did they think Honey would really be the one Fred walked back down the stairs. When they saw them, him and Honey both turned red and she said goodbye to them and Fred before walking out of the common room quickly.

"What was going on up there?" George asked, trying not to assume anything. Fred went to say nothing, but his mouth didn't cooperate, taking him by surprise.

"A lot" he said, clamping his hand over his mouth in surprise. George made a surprised face of his own.

"Did you mean to say that?" He asked, wondering if what he thought was happening, was happening.

"No, I was trying to say nothing"

"Did you tell her?" He asked, as Angelina headed up the stairs.

"Not exactly" he answered, scratching the back of his head awkwardly.

"What did you do then?" He asked, his eyes setting on his neck, and on the hickie that rested was located near the underneath of his ear.

"I showed her"