Untitled (42)

The healer from St. Mungo's had come to a conclusion after less than an hour of testing, and it wasn't a good one. Not in the slightest, and Honey knew that as soon as he asked her who to call to be there when he told her. Her first thought was Sirius, so she told him to owl Remus Lupin.

Not five minutes later, Remus walked into the hospital wing with a big dog following close behind him, and the two of them were at Honey's side quickly. They didn't know why they were there, just that it was important.

"Is everything alright?" Remus asked instantly, directing his attention to the healer. The third task was still going on at the quidditch pitch, and Honey couldn't help but think about the Weasley's, who with the exception of Molly, were completely unaware what was happening.

"I'm afraid that Honey has papilionema," He started, and Honey instantly saw the horrified look on Remus's face.

"What is that?" She asked, feeling oddly calm about the who situation.

"It's a sickness most commonly found in pure blood wizards, where essentially your magic turns against you. It's passed genetically, so I'm guessing she got it from her fathers side of the family," He explained, "It attacks your body from the inside, and is slowly progressive with a very specific set of symptoms. Nose bleeds, fever, weakness, dehydration, and pain in areas such as the chest, all of which you have been experiencing.  I ran all the tests, and the results were unanimous."

"There is a cure though, right?" Remus asked, taking a glance at Sirius, who was completely ridged in his place.

"Yes, there is, but it's made almost entirely of unicorn," He told him. Honey just laid back in the hospital bed with a sigh. Somewhere inside her, she knew that something was wrong. 

"How long do I have?" She asked, staring at the ceiling.

"Honey, he said there is a cure!" Remus said, surprised by her question.

"I'm deathly allergic to unicorn, Remus," She told him, not looking at him. She couldn't.

"By my calculations," The healers started with a frown, "Three, maybe four years."

"There isn't anything you can do?" Remus asked surprised. 

"I'm afraid not."

"Thank you, but you can go now" Honey interrupted. The healer left, not having to be told twice, going out the hospital door saying he was going to inform Madam Pomfrey.

Remus closed the curtain, and Sirius left his anamaigus form, sitting down in the chair closest to her bed. He took her hand in hers, his heart heavy with shock. He didn't know how to react, none of them did.

"Thank you for coming so quickly," Honey said quietly. 

"I'm sorry," Sirius said, his voice cracking as he spoke. "My mother, she had it. The cure gave her twenty years, but it got her too in the end."

"Are you trying to say that you're my dad?" She asked humorously, cracking a smile. She was trying to keep the situation as light as she could.

"Yeah, actually," He said seriously, making her look at him for the first time.

"How?" She asked him. She wasn't mad, just confused.