Chapter 15

Aera's POV

I was sitting on an unfamiliar place, on soft and warm grass. I was leaning on a big tree, adorned with bulky branches that are filled with spring's lively leaves, clutching onto the branches as if never wanting to fall off.

I got up as I looked around, sudden fear rushing through me.

Where am I?

Why am I here?

Am I alone here? And most importantly,

Is this a dream? Or is this another reality? This has to be a dream. I wouldn't be surprised if this was reality. Now a days, reality has been ditching on me.

There was sweat beading on my forehead as I started to run as fast as I can. I went further and further but as I looked around, I am still in the same place. A never ending green landscape it is, better that never ending darkness.... This IS my dream.

I slouched down on the soft again, letting the ever flowing wind move some of my strands of hair as the strands swiftly landed on my face, lightly slapping my skin. I ran a hand through my hair, a little frustrated because I don't want to be here.

Suddenly, I felt a cold finger lightly tapping my shoulders as I felt my body shiver because of the cold touch. I looked behind. I saw a beautiful old woman, wearing all white as she smiled adoringly at me. i smiled back. She came to me and sat just beside me. I was still staring at her analyzing her facial features. She looked as if she wasn't old but she has lived for about 80 years.

"So," She said as I put my attention on her voice and looked down on the ground, caressing the seemingly soft grass with the tips of my fingers.

"Aera, right?" She said as I nodded.

"What is this place?" I asked her. She chuckled lightly and covered her mouth with the back of her hand.

"This," She paused, looking around as she exhaled deeply.

"Is your dream." She said and started laughing while looking at my now scrunched face.

"Isn't it obvious?" I asked her.

"Yes, it is." She said and breathed heavily.

"You've heard of the people that ruled before king Hedrick right?" She asked me.

"Yes." I replied.

"That's marvelous. You're a step ahead, Aera." She said smiling proudly as she pointed at me.

"A-a step ahead?" I said, stuttering.

How am i talking with a stranger this freely? It's her influence.

"Yes." She said as a matter-of-factly.

"What does that mean?" I asked a little confused.

"You need to figure it out." She said as she got up and started walking to somewhere.

"W-Wait! Where are you going?" I yelled.

"You have to go too. Besides I am just going home." She said.

I opened my eyes with shock but didn't get up. It's still night. I looked over at my phone as I turned it on to see the time. 4:05 am. It's still early but I don't feel any drowsiness.

I think I should get up.

I got up from my bed, careful enough to not wake Diena or Meilas up. I carefully slipped out of the bed but dang! My fortune never obeys me.