Chapter 1

Darkness. Everywhere, theres no light, triggering my safety. Why? Why is it all so dark? Why am I here? Anyone? Is anyone here? I screamed. But the only answer I got was silence. Suddenly, bright light burst through somewhere and I had to shield my eyes because of the light. And now, everything was white. I could see two silhouettes standing at a distance in front of me from the corner of my eyes. 'Who are they' was the first question that popped up in my head.

"Who are you?" I blurted.

"You don't remember us? Aera, we are your parents". The female spoke. She was wearing a light pink gown which had full sleeves and her hair was loose, golden-brown in color, just like me. She had a look that kind of matched me. Pointed nose, pink lips and a pale skin color. Her eyes were not as big as mine and were a little different.

"She doesn't. Remember, when we left her?" the male spoke. And I realized I had his eyes and appearance and I am not short too.

"What do you mean you left me? I am told that my parents are dead. How can you be alive?" I questioned. The male face palmed himself and the woman was looking at me in confusion

"We are not dead, Aera. We are here to talk to you about some important things. You need to find the portal. Our world is in danger and only you can help us." The woman said keeping a straight face on.

"I can't believe you. These kinds of things only happen in stories and tales." I retorted making the male face palm again. I get a sense that they know that I can't but believe them.

"You heard the tale of Atlantis? The mysterious island that used to reside on the Atlantic Ocean? The weird disappearance of this island made everyone curious and generation after generation, people came to only think of it as a tale. But its true, Aera. The island was just a portal. Inside was a beautiful world similar to earth." The female spoke again, tone adoring. I squinted my eyes in order to bury that information in my head.

Suddenly, all the white light vanished and was replaced with the never ending black darkness that made me tremble.

There were a few people in front of me, all dressed in white, glowing in the dark. A boy looked behind, shocking me. I stood up to realize that I was also dressed in white and glowing. I stared at the man; he completely turned around, brows furrowed in confusion. I was still staring at him until all of them turned around with shocked expressions. I kept a straight face and the tallest boy of them all seemed to realize something and whispered 'heiress, Aera'.

All of them except the person who first turned back, looked at the man. The one who was staring at me, He looked 4d without any expression on, had golden-brown hair, large eyes, was a little taller than me. I could feel all of them talking but everything was a blur.

"Aera!" someone screamed.

"AERA! Wake up!" the same voice screamed.

I fluttered my eyes open, adjusting to the brightness of the light cruelly forcing me to shield my eyes. I looked around to find a worried Celestia looking at me, tension written all over her face.

"What happened?" I asked. She looked a little relived and replied,

"You fainted suddenly in the class and teacher told me to bring you to the infirmary. The nurse is not here so I splashed some water on your face but you weren't waking up. So, I was calling you and see, you woke up. Were you having some kind of nightmare?" she said.

"Yeah, it kind of felt like the continuation of those awkward nightmares I get. Instead of me being in that dark place, hearing voices, the background turned white after a few seconds and I saw my parents.. there. And then a group of boys, one of them calling me heiress. Leave it." She seemed startled for a moment but soon enough she looked relieved. Like if something happens to me she will die too. I guess that's how best friends are. I sat up in the bed and Celestia gave me a slip.