Chapter 33

The next day

Peace and solace.

This was the first thing Aera thought of whenever she came here.

This reminded her of a boy named Solace, who read in her class. But the boy had no match with his name, perhaps he could be deemed as the opposite. There was a proven formula of Solace being equals to irritation, and Aera found it rather compelling.

She would sit, but she also did not want to break her eye contact with the scenery.

"Hey!!!" A voice boomed behind her, forcing her to tear off her eye contact from the greenery.

Aera flinched at the high pitched resonance, failing to keep her composure retained.

Her hips landed on the grass, hands now supporting her torso from falling onto the ground. Her eyes were shut tight. Face was scrunched up in disgust as she felt herself finally responding to pain of her body.

"Oww." Aera whimpered as she rubbed her butt, eyes opening as they landed on a laughing M. She knew she could joke around with the old woman. So telling her something she normally would tell her friends would not seem wrong, right?

"Hey! Why do you do all these like that? You're old, woman!" Aera whined as she tried to get up, eventually succeeding at every attempt. Her hands were lifting herself up every time she gave force. Then, after not that much straining, she was standing on her feet, her back slouched down.

Other than being offended, all M did was intensify her laugh that almost sounded like Jin's windshield viper laugh.

Similar. Aera thought.

"Uh, can you tell me something?"

"Y-yes." M chocked out almost in the midst of series of laugh releasing. What matters was that she succeeded.

"Why doesn't anybody know JNYJH?"

M quickly dropped her laughing. At this question she didn't seem to lack her guard for the tickling in the stomach to arouse again.

"The part of it is deleted." She replied shortly after. Her posture was straight, almost matching with a regular soldier.

"It was requested from the queen herself." M continued. The trace of laughter was now gone from her, not that she looked too stern. She looked like an independent fierce woman. And Aera couldn't understand how she found this look inappropriate for this situation.

"The JNYJH, better known by the Jines, were too unsuitable for studying taste. I could say it was their rule, the reason their entire past is ignored now. Their unsuitable works of serving the citizens, worse- the punishments of any mere crime -no matter how less and unimportant the crime was- it was terrifying. To say, knowing about their filthy existence would be of no help to people, the queen let it slide." M finished, the reason now clear in Aera's mind. M heaved a deep breath after the speech, her nose flaring at the impact.

"What could the queen do? I mean her abilities, she must have something, right?" Aera asked, curious about what her mother's ability was. or if she had one.

M chuckled.

"But, before that, do you know about magical fairies existing?" M asked, a known smirk visible on her face. She smiled lightly at Aera as she found out the girl had no clue. Fairies were rare- it was not unusual for Aera to not know.

"Fairies grant power to the important but powerless infants and spouses of royal members. To say it bluntly, your mother's power was granted. It was rumored to glitch most of the time, so no one particularly believed her- with the exception of the people she knew." M paused. Before shifting her eyes from Aera, she spoke,