Chapter 21

Again, I am greeted by the cold and breezy wind tickling the exposed portion of my skin. I was again looking ahead, waiting for uh... I don't know her name.

"Hello, Aera." A voice spoke. But, it's not her. It's a male voice. Let's not be awkward, I will ask him his name. I don't think I can get hurt in my dream.

"Who are you?" I said as I finally looked at him. He was pretty old to be true, kind of reminded of a fatherly vibe to which I am very much unfamiliar.

He paused, pouted and said,

"Drake. Drake Milos." He replied politely.

Wait- Drake? As in Drake? Hotline blings?

He came near me and sat down at a little distance as he crossed his legs.

"Is her name Rihanna?" I asked sarcastically.

"Who?"

"The woman who usually comes here?"

"Oh, her! No! Why would you think that?" he asked softly.

"Oh, well, there is a famous singer in my world who is named Drake." I said with extreme politeness in my tone, trying to catch on his accent.

"And Rihanna?"

"She is also a famous singer. It was rumored that they are dating." I said.

"Oh............" he trailed off staring at the deep horizons.

Suddenly, my mind wandered off to her. Why didn't she come?

"Where is she?" I asked.

"Oh, she will come off shortly. She had some business to do with god."

"God?"

"You don't know where you are?"

"Isn't this my dream?"

"Yeah, but this is also heaven. Don't you know that?"

What? I.. I did ask her but she didn't say that this is heaven. My face revealed sheer confusion and I didn't feel myself slowly drowning in my own familiar thoughts.

"Drake!" the familiar female voice that I have been searching for could be heard from a distance.

"Honey?" The man turned around to see the woman coming at his way, panting.

"They said, it's okay if you go in my place since I have work." She said, side-glancing me.

The man smiled at me and went away picking up his small bag of supplies as the woman is now taking his seat.

"So, he told you?" she asked.

I nodded as an answer.

"You ditched the diary yesterday. I know it." She said disappointingly.

"Is there any story today?" I asked her avoiding her question. She seems to understand that I don't want to reply to that as she shook her head as a no.

"Huh?" I asked her, raising my eyebrow.

"Well, can I ask you something?" I said. I think it wouldn't be bad if I discussed it with her since she only appears in my dream.

She nodded.

"When do you know if you like someone?" I asked.

She suddenly burst out laughing while clutching onto her stomach and tried to say sorry a multiple times but because of her sheer laughter she unfortunately couldn't, not that I wanted her to.