Chapter 34

Aera's Pov

I did not get a dream today. The dreams don't come regularly, but I desperately wanted another dream to make an appearance. There is exactly four days left till the ball, and I want the other two dreams to come before that. Of course it will, but I am still a little paranoid.

Fidgeting a strand of hair in my fingers, I suddenly fell deep into my thoughts.

What can those mean? The clues of the names, how are they even necessary? A sequel of seven names can't possibly mean something. Or, can it?

My eyes smoothly closed when I heaved a deep sigh. Nothing is going to happen with this tiny brain of mine. I opened my eyes after a few seconds, slowly.

"Oh MY GOD!" I yelled as I saw a face in front of mine, dangerously close. The straight brown bangs that covered a quarter of his eyes were now crumpled. His eyes spoke out the lack of sleep he'd been getting.

To my fortune, he backed away just after I yelled. I kept my hands on my chest as an act of being startled. I got to my normal posture when he flashed me- a smile. Sigh. He doesn't know. It's not his fault if I die one day, if you know what I mean.

"Sorry for scaring you." He spoke. His smile seemed to fade away when I didn't smile back. It's not like I didn't want to, but somehow I didn't smile. Instead, to at least let him know that I am not mad at him for anything, I spoke,

"Why are your eyes looking like this? Haven't you slept enough?" I asked, lenient.

He scrunched his nose at me, before blowing a ton of air from his mouth, looking like a child. It's not the first time he has done this to me, but whatever he wanted to do- it worked.

It was midnight right now, about 3:40 am. It was not a time to stay awake and not sleep. But I was feeling too tedious and to not disturb Rie, I am here on the living room couch. But what is he doing here? It looks as if he needs a lot of sleep. I don't know how he can stay up with those sleepy eyes. Or is he here to narrate his lifestory? Oh, no. I won't listen to him is he's this sleepy.

"I have. Just couldn't get a good sleep because of some things. Don't worry about that." He said, coming to sit right next to me. When done with the work of his legs, he looked at me. Curiously.

"Say Aera," he started. I looked at him, waiting for his question. "From what year did you forget your memories?" he asked me.

"I don't accurately remember but, I was maybe 15 years old." I answered. He nodded at me. Then, he yawned. I kept my gaze at him. 5 seconds passed, he was still yawning. He sure needs a lot of sleep. Just then, his yawning ended. His blinked a couple times, batting his eye lashes.

"Can I sleep here?" He asked me. But even before I could answer, he laid down- on my lap. I quickly put my hands away from my lap before his head landed comfortably. The sofa was huge enough for him to sleep with comfort.

But I wasn't comfortable

"W-what?" I mumbled, loud enough for him to hear.

But, without replying me, he fidgeted in his place making himself more comfortable. Then, he took one of my hands, keeping them above his ears. I couldn't comprehend anything at that moment. I just let him do whatever he wanted to do.

"I can't sleep if there is nothing covering my ears." He softly spoke, sounding like a baby. If I say, I am raising a child without being the mother right now, wouldn't be wrong.

"Hoseok hyung and Jimin hyung don't let me sleep." he lastly said. After a few seconds, his breaths were becoming slower, meaning he was already asleep. The only sound was of him breathing. The environment was peaceful, calling me to the wonderland. There was nothing else I could do other than staring at his peaceful face. Everyone looks cute when they sleep.