Chapter 3: Starbucks

Missy’s POV

My cousin’s had just left a few minutes ago and I already started to unpack boxes. I started with the boxes in my room and decided to go from there. I was almost done unpacking all the boxes when my phone starts to ring, notifying me I had mentions from twitter. I quickly opened the twitter app and looked at the notifications.

‘@Our2ndLife: Wow, this was so touching to all of this. We are grateful for fans like @MissyMissy ‘

After I saw that tweet I noticed that someone from my school had recorded the speech I gave at graduation and had tweeted the video to O2L. Soon my phone started ringing nonstop that people were retweeting and favoriting it. Also a lot of people that I didn’t know started to follow me. I decided to just put my phone on vibrate and head out to Starbucks.

Once at Starbucks I ordered my Grande, Caramel and Hazelnut frappucino.  I sat down with my drink at a table and composed a new tweet and tweeted ‘Currently at Starbucks.’ And quickly took a picture of my drink. Right away I got a mention again. I clicked on the mention from Connor Franta and I could not believe what I was reading.

‘@Missymissy hey, that’s me in the back taking a pic of my frappe look up.’

Is this a joke or is this real life? He can't be sittng right in front of me, I didn't notice him when I walked in.

I looked up from my phone to see Connor Franta sitting on the other side of Starbucks. He just smiled and waved. I waved back and soon he walked up to the table I sat at.

“Are you Missy?” Connor asked.

“That’s me, are you Connor?” I asked him.

“Yeah, can I sit down?” He asked, but before I could answer he sat down across from me.

“What are you doing here in L.A.? I thought you lived in San Bernardino? The guys and I were planning on heading down this weekend to meet you.” Connor said.

“What?” I said, sounding like a question.

“We saw the speech you gave at your graduation and we thought it would be cool to find where you live and meet you.” He said.

“Wait what?” I said.

“The guys and I saw your speech-“ Connor began to say but I interrupted him.

“I get that, but why would you guys want to meet me?” I said.

“Actually now that I think of it, we just wanted to meet you. Your story, what you’ve gone through got to us.” Connor said. I had a long conversation with Connor and lost track of time. We just talked for hours until they had to close Starbucks. Connor and I said our goodbye and quickly exchanged numbers.