Chapter 42: Happy birthday

Missy's POV

You know how in some movies they show how the guy is sitting behind the girlfriend and they're watching the sunset on the beach. Well that's what Sam and I were just doing. I could feel Sam's breathing down my neck as he wrapped his arms around me.

"Babe, do you remember that day when you told me about your dad?" Sam asked.

"Yeah, i remember. Why?" I said.

"You know how you told me that your mom told you and your sister that he left you guys when you were little." He said.

"Yeah?" I said. Why is he bringing this conversation up?

"Well have you ever thought of searching for him?" Sam said, as stood up and moved to sit next to me.

"No. He's never searched for me. Why would I look for him?" I said, as I felt my voice get in an angry tone.

"Don't get mad at me." Sam said, as he looked into my eyes.

"Why would I get mad?" I said.

"Well I did some researching, and I ugh found who your dad is." Sam said.

"You did what? Who gave you that right to do that? I didn't even ask you to do that!" I said, as I stood up and brushed the sand off my dress.

"I was doing a lot of thinking and I had to do it. He must have a reason why he left. He couldn't  have just left out of nowhere." Sam said. I thought of what he said. He's right my dad has to have a reason for leaving me.

"You're right Sam he must have a reason and I never thought of it that way. I always thought he left My sister and I with my mom because he couldn't deal with us." I said. Sam stood up next to me and grabbed my hand in his. We started to walk down the beach, he covered my eyes for some brief minutes.

"Happy birthday." Sam said, as he uncovered my eyes. To reveal my dad, he wore an Army uniform. He looked much older than the picture I had in my wallet. You could see the wrinkles on his forehead. Absolutely no words could form.

"You look so much like your mother." He said. Still no words would come out of my mouth.

"Sergeant Shawn Clark, meet your daughter Missy Miss. Missy this is your dad." Sam said. I looked at Sam and back at him. I felt tears emerging from my eyes. I ran up to him and like it was something we normally did we embraced each other in hug.

Shawn Clark's POV

Sam Pottorff had contacted with my private investigator just few days ago. Because of him I was holding my little daughter in my arms. I never thought I would see her again.

"I searched for your mom and for you and your sister for years. I hired a private investigator over these past 17 years." I said.

"Wait what? You were searching for me?" Missy said.

"Yes, when you were 4 years old I was sent overseas. Your mom swore to me that if I left I would never see you or your sister. She did everything for me not to find you. She changed your names and she changed her name as well. I had no idea how to find you. Until your boyfriend started searching for me that's when my investigator started to see some red flags and got in contacted with your boyfriend." I said.

"Wait your saying my mom lied to me? She lied to my sister and me when we were growing up." Missy said.

"Yes, she didn't want me to go overseas because she was scared of losing me. She was afraid that her daughters would lose her father." I said.

"How could she do that? My sister died knowing you left us. You know I've been on my own for the past five years?" Missy said.

"I know about everything, I know about the car accident. I know that you were bullied in high school. I know that all this time that has past I cant replace and as much time as I try to catch up with you I cant because I lost that part of your life." I said.

"I missed you! I don't want you ever leaving again!" Missy said.

"It's like our connection never broke you were so attached to me when you were a baby. Your mom was so jealous that she would sometimes never let me hold you because then you wouldn't let go of me. I won't leave you. But you need to know that whenever I get called to go to base I have to go sweetie only one more month and I'll be retired and I could spend all the time with you." I said.

"Wait so you have to go back?" Missy said.

"Yes, but this isn't goodbye, this is a we will see each other again." I said. We ate dinner together until I had to go back to my hotel and get some sleep since I had to get up early tomorrow and fly back to base.