Chapter 10: Butterflies

Missy’s POV                                                   

Connor pulled up to a pretty apartment complex, which was by a small forest, sort of. I jumped out of the car and Connor walked into Shelby’s apartment. On the way here I decided I would do the call and tell Ricky to come outside. I took my phone out and dialed Ricky’s number. On the first ring he answered.

“Hey.”

“Hi, Ricky.”

“I was about to text you.” He said. I could feel the butterflies start to flutter.

“Where you? Well why don’t you come outside? The weather is so perfect and the stars are out.” I said.

“What?” He said, as I heard shuffling.

“Come outside.” I said, as he opened the door. He’s hair wasn’t done and he wore a tank top and grey sweats. He’s eyes never leaving mine. He pulled me into his chest, hugging me really tight. I won’t ever get use to his amazing hugs.

“What are you doing here?” He asked, as he closed the door behind me.

“I’m joining you guys on tour. Connor and the guys thought it would be a great idea if I came along. Plus, I wanted to see you.” I said, as he held my hands in his. We had walked out to a grassy area.

Ricky’s POV                        

I held Missy’s hand in mine as we walked nowhere but we stood in a grassy area. The stars were out and the weather was perfect outside. I looked down at Missy to find her staring at me. She would look down at my lips and back up to meet my eyes.

Before I knew what was happening, I was leaning down. I closed my eyes and my lips soon met her soft lips. She kissed back. She wrapped her arms around my neck. I broke the kiss and placed my head on top of hers and we both sighed. We stayed quiet for a moment.

“I’ve been waiting for this moment.” She said.

“I have too, I was afraid you wouldn’t like me back.” I said, as she stepped back to look at me.

“Ricky, I’ve been afraid to trust someone again but Connor has helped me realized that you aren’t a bad guy. And that you’re actually somebody  I can trust.” I said.

“Like you said, we’re going to take this slow. Now I know you trust me. I’m willing to do anything for you to still trust me.” I said.  We walked back to Shelby’s apartment since tonight we were headed to Atlanta and the tour bus was going to be picking us up in a few minutes.