Chapter 29 - Unknown Cat's P.O.V.

From a distance, you'd never know I was there. Prowling deep in the shadows, I have watched them suffer, almost drown, and have many close calls. I have seen it all. 

Poor, poor ThunderClan and their other scattered Clans. They should've never let them in. I'm going to kill them all, one by one. Every last one of them. Blackstar and the other weak leaders won't know what hit them. 

I had been keeping a close eye on every single cat; studying each and every one of them. I know how these foreign Clan cats talk, how they hunt, how they fight. They were all so vulnerable. 

As I kill them off, I won't leave it obvious that a live cat had done the deed. I'd leave my trademark as a bite like a flesh-eater. These foolish cats won't know what hit them...

I'd wanted the true power, the power I almost grasped... the power that was so close I could almost taste it. Until I let my evil seep out just a little too much... But what about your remaining kin? The little voice in my head asked. Good question... I narrowed my eyes in thought. He's so young, he wouldn't know the evil I had done! He'd just be happy to see his lost father... He would follow in my paw steps and rule the forest with me...

My thoughts wandered. Wouldn't it be a shame if one cat from each Clan was left? Sunkit would be the last of DarkClan, the shy yet determined one. Poppyheart is the last of SpiritClan, the smart and sneaky one. Squirreltail was going to be the final one for LightClan, the beautiful yet deadly one, but her injury made it impossible for it to happen... I decided Mudpaw would be the last remaining cat from LightClan, the obsessive yet energetic one. 

I gazed among the four foreign Clans. Nightcloud will be the last cat from WindClan, the untrustworthy and mysterious one. Dovewing, from ThunderClan, is the gentle one, but can be fierce. Mintfur is going to be the last of RiverClan because of her strong self. She puts herself out there and tries to be better for her Clan. Tigerheart will be the last of ShadowClan since he is a rule-breaker, a sucker for love and very strong. 

Dovewing and Tigerheart won't be able to keep themselves off of each other, with their love that strong. It radiates off of their pelts like an illness!

Soon, there would be half-Clan cats everywhere and they'd be forced to make up one big Clan. Or they'd just go their separate ways, either way works. I'll watch from the side and if nothing goes as planned, I'll kill them all.

It seemed easy, too easy. I liked it like that. I've had it hard all my life and with the luck of their weak bodies and low number of cats, I wasn't going to pass on an opportunity like that!

Death is my only release and it looked like I was going to be sent to the sky. So much death was coming, a great way to be set free. 

I slowly let my body sink into the cold, murky water as it lapped around my body from the small waves that formed from the wind. I squinted in the moonlight, trying to focus my eyes on the mingling cats on the island. Rage boiled in my stomach. Fools! You pitiful fools... 

As a night patrol crossed the fallen tree, I slowly began wadding through the marshy water to avoid any confrontation. Hooking my claws into the soft ground, I pulled myself forward as quiet as a mouse. The familiar sound of Heatherleg's voice echoed over the surface of the water and then different voices, probably from the other Clans. Slithering away, I grasped onto the shore of the island. Even with my black pelt and dark brown eyes, I knew it was too risky to leave the water.

Turning to the moor, I could see small figures staggering around in WindClan's old territory and ThunderClan's, too. Their moans and growls traveled over the water and sent a shiver down my spine. I wondered if they could actually talk to each other in a language that real-live cats couldn't understand. 

Perking my ears up, I listened for any voices or roaming cats. To my relief it seemed that everyone had either gone to sleep or went on a patrol. Lifting myself out of the water, I kept low and stalked to the nearest tree. My pelt clung to my skinny frame and, as the murky water dripped off, puddles formed below me. My paws looked weird, like a dark skeleton swapped paws with mine. 

I peeked through the thick branches that made the barrier around the island, my ears flat to my head. I narrowed my eyes and examined the cats. 

Most were already already in their nests, sleeping peacefully. Tigerheart and Dovewing were still awake, chatting up a storm that I couldn't catch. Leafpool was settling down beside Squirrelflight, circling until she finally could rest. 

My plan is going to work nicely... I decided, a smirk slipping up. Without a real medicine cat to tell prophecies, looks like I can kill whoever I want. If I had been alone, I would've let out a fit of laughter. 

Long, tiring moments passed as I waited for the midnight to come. My tail whipped to and fro with impatience. Go to sleep Bramblestar. I want to kill.

Bramblestar was looking to the sky, his eyes looking fatigued and hollow. If it weren't for my plan, I'd of killed him already!

A growl crept up my throat and losing the last remaining patience I had, I began stalking around the island to find an opening. At the back it lacked a strong barrier and I jumped over a log with ease.

I wonder how many lives Bramblestar has left... I studied the toms dark tabby pelt and broad shoulders. A long scar stuck out on his shoulder. I flexed my claws into the dirt and bunched up my muscles... Baring my teeth, I prepared to leap.

"Bramblestar! Flesh-eaters are making their way toward the island, we need help," Thornclaw hissed. I jumped at the sound of the toms voice, but relaxed when I realized they were the only ones awake. 

As the muscular leader hurried away with Thornclaw at his side, I hurried into the island until I was in the center. Who should be my first victim? I wondered, looking around carefully. Beside the beautiful, yet weakened, Squirreltail lay her last kin. Redfur was curled up in a makeshift nest, snoring softly. I stalked closer, knowing I had a limited time. 

I padded over to the red tom and lowered my head to his ear. I unsheathed my sharpened claws and grabbed his chin, twisted it so his neck was exposed, and just as his eyes shot open, I sliced open his throat. I let out a menacing purr as shock and confusion flooded his light amber eyes.

Blood gushed out of the wound like an over-flown river. He gurgled and gasped, blood dripping from his jaws. He unsheathed his claws and tried to swing at me, but he was already weakening. "Shh..." I whispered into his ear, "You won't be the only one, for this is only the beginning."