Chapter 43 - Blood's P.O.V.

You all should know my computer is busted, my moms is also busted, so I am using the little time I have to be on my aunts. I'll try to update whenever I can; I hope you guys understand and I will be on a few times! Have a great summer, excuse any mistakes in any book, and make sure to vote on anything you like :)

P_A83 out!

---------------------------

Ivypool came back eventually with a puny starling dangling from her muzzle. "Good catch!" I praised with a look of delight in my eyes.

"Thanks," She mewed. "I wonder how the others are doing..." She mumbled as she tore into the starling. I ripped off a wing and plucked the feathers before digging in.

"Probably... not so well." I sighed. No sense in getting her hopes up...

I licked my lips after the wing and got the sudden urge to fluff out my fur and groom it... but with the herbs on my fur, I didn't dare do it.

We stood up after Ivypool buried the remains of the starling and headed toward the WindClan moor. "Should we go to the big Twoleplace over there? It might have shelters or something." I suggested quietly. My tongue wasn't hurting now, it was numbed almost completely.

We started hurrying through WindClans moor beside the shimmering lake; the screams had faded to the sound of flesh-eaters as their voices traveled effortlessly across the lake. 

The moon was on its way down now, the reflection was in the center of the perfectly calm lake. Stars began to fade, the sky began to brighten, my paws became soaked from the dew and just as I turned around, my foot for caught in a rabbit hole.

I clenched my teeth to keep my scream at a minimum; yowling in pain wouldn't be the best for either of us. 

"Are you alright?" Ivypool gasped, halting and turning tail to come to me. "Ugh..." I muttered, forcing myself to look at it. I tried to move my toes, but I was pretty sure my toes had stayed in it while my leg kept going. 

I let out a shaky breath and nodded. I'm strong! Keep it together...

"N-no. I'm fine. Keep moving before we get caught," I stuttered Ivypool hesitated and as I lifted my paw, pain shot through me so excruciating, I almost fainted.

I squeezed my eyes shut for a heartbeat then continued with the running - more like limping. 

Ivypool kept at my pace, her eyes sizing me up. I forced myself to look forward and to forget the pain. Forget it... Be a real tom and fight the pain!

*****

The pain was still signaling my brain as we slowly gained speed. We were just passing a small Thunderpath then, now into a field that had trees to the West and two Thunderpaths separating to the East.

Small dots were rushing up the Thunderpath. "Is that..." Ivypool whispered, pausing just as we got to the bigger Thunderpath. 

A large patrol of cats came up, Leafpool, Poppyheart, Sootkit, Bramblestar, Lilypatch, Tigerheart, Mothwing, Mudpaw, Squirreltail and Lionblaze all came to us. "Great StarClan, you two are alright!" Mothwing gasped, rushing over.

"Not exactly... Blood got his foot caught in a rabbit hole. It doesn't look too good." Ivypool commented. She gave me a warm, sympathetic look. She was always serious, that wasn't like her.

"We should get that fixed up. I'm sure we have plenty of time before any flesh-eaters fine us." Poppyheart insisted, padding over. Mothwing nodded, agreeing with Poppyheart.

Just as Mothwing examined my paw, the ground began to shake. It was a small rumble, but as we looked around, it intensified greatly in mere heartbeats. "What's going on?!" Sootkit squealed and suddenly, we all were thrown to the ground. My paw was squished under my body and I let out a howl. 

"What's happening?! Is it a ground-shake?!" Mudpaw gasped as he tried to stand. He was only thrown back down as soon as he got up.

Just as the ground started to shake even more, the ground began to give away and suddenly I blacked out completely.

---

I woke to an alley way and my heart lurched. I blinked away the looming fog that swirled around my paws and stood up. My legs were shaky and weak, a fading memory of scary, moaning flesh-eating cats flashing in my memories, threatening to haunt me for moons upon moons.

My fur was the way it was before, no wounds and my paw was as good as a new-born kits'. 

Just as quickly as I realized I was alright, I forgot about it and went on to my day. Something itched at the back of my mind, reminding me of a horrific time, and a beautiful grey she-cat whos name just wouldn't come to mind.

-------------------

This isn't the end! I have a few more chapters of Mudpaw's P.O.V, Sunkit's P.O.V, and Poppyheart's P.O.V. coming up!