Chapter 46 - Poppyheart's P.O.V. (ENDING)

My eyes fluttered open to a nice, warm, welcoming sunlight cascading over my body. I sat up, my head fuzzy with fading pictures and memories that seemed to be a dream playing over and over again of death, blood and rotting cats.

I looked around and remembered blacking out in a totally different part of territory with no other SpiritClan cats and only a few DarkClan cats. LightClan had a bit more than a few, but not many. Something told me that it wasn't a dream. Dreams are what you expect to happen.

I ducked out of the medicine den, happiness passing in the breeze as patrols came back with their mouths filled with prey. No chilly breeze like my head remembered. It was greenleaf, the beginning of it.

The name Reedstar popped into my head and I tilted my head to the side. Where's Reedstar? I wondered, looking around the camp. 

No sign of him, only Cloudjaw and Whitetooth purring with Birdfeather leaning on Whitetooth.

Birdfeather... Cloudjaw... Whitetooth? They're... alive? A painful memory of the three dying entered my mind and I swallowed. This is all too good to be true...

I rushed up to Cloudjaw and looked behind him and around him. "Where's Reedstar?" I puffed. "Reedstar? I'm the only leader around here, Poppyheart," Cloudjaw purred. "You know that." 

"I'm the deputy of course! Do you have amnesia or something?" Whitetooth mewed with his eyes narrowed.

"You- leader? Deputy? That can't be right. You two are dead, all of you were dead... except me! The flesh-eaters infected us all and Reedstar tried to take the power... Cloudjaw, you were deputy, Whitetooth you were just a warrior and then you both died... I know it isn't a dream, it's too heart wrenching and real to be fake!" I gasped, taking a step back.

The two exchanged glances and within heartbeats, cats were surrounding me. My heart pounded and my body burned in embarrassment. 

Before the two could argue or even say anything, a mew of a familiar cat came from behind me.

I turned around and saw a silver cat, Silverberry, behind me. She smiled and mewed, her mew echoing around the camp as silence pierced the air, "The rebel in the shade changed her ways, for the reed will no longer sway. No more unnecessary deaths will come from this selfish leader, whom no longer exists." 

I swallowed and realized 'the reed' was Reedstar. His mother changed what happened in the past... 

I was delighted at the same time as heartbroken. Reedstar may have been selfish, rude and a jerk, but deep down, he was just lonely. Now he doesn't feel anything. Not that he did before.

--------------------

Hallo guys, P_A83 here :) 

I hope you liked Reedstar's Selfishness! I'm not sure what I'm going to write next, if you have any ideas, just comment it or PM me :) 

I'll try to think of one on my own, but if I don't, oh well ^_^

Have a good summer everyone! 

P_A83 out!