Chapter 11

Alexander's P.O.V.

  John and I walk to debate club near the end of school. Hand in hand.

"What you said this morning... that was really amazing." I tell him. I see his face flush and he mumbles a thank you.

"You're so cute when you get embarrassed!" I tell him while giggling.

"Shut up." He says, elbowing me lightly. I just laugh at him again.

"But seriously, you had a way with words back there." I compliment him, making him more embarrassed. I smile at him. How did I get so lucky?

James' P.O.V.

  "Who thought this was a good idea?" I ask Peggy, while holding my arms. She shrugs. The school set up a battle ground so people could practice their attacks if needed. And so the teachers could correct their mistakes. Currently Maria Lewis was facing another girl. Maria was a shapeshifter. Her tattoo on her ankle. She was currently a big red dragon, attacking the other girl. I look around the crowd of people surrounding the fight. Peggy nervously bites her nail.

"You like Maria." I tell her and she shakes her head right away.

"N-no!" She denies quickly, making me laugh.

"Jem, I've known you almost all my life. I can tell." I say, putting my hands on my hips. She crosses her arms and pouts.

"Hey.. I'm glad your getting back to your usual self." She says, smiling at me. I smile back and shrug.

"I'm healing." I say, putting my hands in my coat pockets. She turns her attention back on the fight. I turn and walk around the field. The chill breeze against my face. Everything feels peaceful. I look around and see Thomas in the garden. I walk towards him and see a black silhouette in his hand. I flick my wrist towards him and my white silhouette appears in his hand. He didn't know I was near him so he looked confused. He turned to where it came from and he sees me and smiles. I giggle and walk towards him. I look in his hand and the two silhouettes are slow dancing.

"Well, isn't that beautiful?" He says with a chuckle and I nod. We watch them dance and we both sit down. We watch the two continue to interact. The black one checks on the white ones bandages. They now to each other and disappear.

"Wanna see something else I learned?" Thomas asks, once the two silhouettes are gone. I nod wearily. He faces his palm towards the sky and closes his eyes. Black, shadow like vines come from the center of his hand. The stop at the size of a normal rose vine/stem. Like 3 thorny vines braided into each other. He opens his eyes and smiles before sighing.

"I wish I could form a rose." He states. I nod and think for a second. My tattoo has a rose... I pick at the tape on my hands for a bit before taking a deep breath.

"You okay..?" Thomas asks me. I don't respond and sit on my knees. I grab his wrist, which his hand still has the vines on it. I place my palm up, my hand under his touching the back of my hand. He gives me a confused look, then white comes up through his hand. It goes up the black vines, contrasting against them. It reaches the top of the black vines and circles the top.

"What's happening..?" Thomas asks. I ignore him again, watching the white intently. He gets the hint and watches too. The white shadow circles for awhile, and forms into a rose.... Thomas smiles in amazement. I look down sheepishly.

"Y-You look at it l-like you've never seen a rose before.." I tell him.

"You don't understand how amazing this is..." he whispers. I feel myself blush and smile. I notice we've had our hands held together for awhile, and quickly flinch away. The rose disappearing once I do.

"S-sorry! I-i Kn-know you probably won't want to touch me." I apologize, trailing off at the end. He looks disappointed.

"You're fine flower boy.." He says with a smile. I can't help but blush and smile back at him. He takes my hand in his and I flinch when he does. He sits closer to me and my faces heats up even more. After a moment of sitting their, I relax. I lean my head on his shoulder and sigh contently. I look up at him with a smile. Should I be forgiving him this quickly..?

Yes...

It wasn't his fault.. and I should appreciate I have the Thomas I got to love back. He clears his throat, getting my attention. I flinch and feel my ears heat up now. I make eye contact with him in his brown eyes.

"Your eyes were green before... I like them better brown..." I whisper to him. I felt so fragile next to him. In his touch. He hums in response. Keeping his eyes locked with mine. I see his face flush a bit and I look away for a bit, but he uses his hand to lift my face up to face him. He looks at my eyes for a moment.

"Can I just.." He starts. I hum and he bites his lip.

Shit.. that was hot...

  He looks back at me and dips down and quickly pecks my lips. I freeze. I stay silent...

He just kissed me...

"S-sorry.. I shouldn't have done that. Especially since I don't even know if you like me and after all I did. I'm just-..." I cut him off by pressing my lips lightly against him again.

He doesn't kiss back at first, which scares me, but after a few seconds I feel him smile and kiss back. After a moment, I pull away.

"I forgive you... Nothing was your fault.. you hurt me... but I'm willing to give you another chance.." I tell him quietly. He smiles and nods. We both get up and head back to the dorms...

With his hand... in mine...