Chapter 5: Amrita cafè

I sat down in my seat, between Beam and Pha, with a huff. I didn't get a blink of sleep last night, and I think we can all guess why.

If there was one thing that made my mood at least bearable to others it was sleep. So to get that taken off me...let's just say I wasn't happy. Not one bit.

Now I was just in a sour mood.

"Good morning Kit!" Beam shouted way too enthusiastically in my ear. Jesus, how did I even put up with him all these years? I wanted nothing more than to ring his mouth shut with a washing peg.

Phana just smiled at me sadly, probably already knowing what was going through my mind.

"Morning." I muttered grumpily, not bothering to look at him.

"Didn't you get enough sleep last night?" Beam pouted, shaking his head at me and patting my back sympathetically.

"No," my voice shook a bit, as I started to think about Ming again. I blinked back tears that were beginning to fall. I was not going to cry! I had done enough of that last night.

Beam seemed to sense my distress as he didn't ask me why I didn't manage to get my daily dose of vital slumber.

"Kit guess who I saw yesterday at the movies?" Beam asked excitedly, changing the subject.

"Who?" I asked, not really caring much, however I didn't want to upset him with my silence.

"Ming!" He shouted happily, thinking that, that piece of information would cheer me up. "He wasn't there alone though." He added, scrunching his nose.

"Really?" I feigned not knowing this.

"Yeah." He smiled. "Firstly I thought you were sitting next to him since it was dark and I couldn't really see properly. But then she was hugging his arm tightly and then I knew it wasn't you. You would never do that!" He cackled as if what he said was the funniest thing in the world.

I scouled. So she was hugging him tightly? Now I knew she was his girlfriend. That piece of shit!

I felt a wave of nausea hit me, and suddenly I wanted nothing more than to go home and curl up under my blankets and eat endless tubs of ice cream.

What a great way to start my morning, I thought sarcastically.

Pha gave Bema a look that screamed 'shut up!' and Beam's eyes instantly widened.

He lowered them guiltlily right after gussing that he had said something wrong. Pha looked as though he wanted to say something, but as soon as he opened his mouth our teacher walked in, so he closed it again.

We all stood up to greet our teacher, Mrs Kim, and sat back down shortly after.

The lessons dragged on and on, and just when I knew I couldn't take any more of the teacher's endless talking, the bell rang. I mentally said a 'praise the Lord' and started to pack my note book. I hadn't taken any notes the whole hour, not that I cared. My mind had been occupied by a certain dickhead.

"Kit do you want to go grab a snack somewhere? I know this cafè that makes amazing cakes." Pha asked as we all piled out of the classroom.

"Sure." I told him simply. I mean I had nothing else to do. I didn't have any classes till after lunch. "Are you coming Beam?"

"Yeah I'll come." He nodded, "let's take my car."

And that's how we all ended up at Amrita Cafe, sitting leisurely on a mocha coloured sofa, looking awkwardly at Ming who waved enthusiastically at the three of us.

I rolled my eyes at him, looking away angrily. Why did he have to be here? Here of all places! Fate just hated me didn't it?

I nearly ran for the hills when he started making his way over to us. I closed my eyes, wishing the floor would just eat me up already. I so did not need this at quater past ten in the morning.

Thought you would all appreciate me updating earlier as even I wouldn't want to wait a week only to read this rubbish chapter. Promise next one is a bit more spicy lol Xx ♡