Chapter 30: Breakup call

We made it up to chapter 30! Yayyy 🎉

Ming and Pha eventually came back. At four in the morning, when everyone was passed out in various parts of the room.

I immediately woke up at the disturbances: the sound of the door opening and closing, and at the hushed voices that spoke.

"It's too dark," Pha grumbled, and a second later I heard a thud and someone groaned in pain.

The lights were then turned on by Ming, and I was met with a meme worthy sight.

Pha was on top of Yo, literally crushing him, while Yo was groaning in pain.

Pha flushed, trying to lift himself off of Yo, where he was, only a few minutes before, sleeping peacefully on the floor.

"I'm so sorry," Pha said guiltily.

I was already laughing, after I made sure that Yo was okay of course.

"I-it's fine P," Yo said, clearly flustered, as his cheeks were dusted with a rosy shade.

Pha had tripped, and had fallen on a sleeping Wayo. What a way to be woken up...poor Yo.

"Is this the time you came back?" I scolded Pha, as soon as I got over my laughing fit.

I wasn't surprised Beam hadn't woken up with all the noise yet, the hippo could sleep through anything!

"It is quite late," Nai quipped up, "are you okay Ming, Pha?"

Ming nodded stiffly, coming to sit next to me at the foot of the sofa, where I had ended up falling asleep.

I blushed as he through his arm over my shoulders, forcing me to snuggle my side into him.

"We're good Nai," Pha relied, though a sigh left his lips.

"That's good," P'Forth said, clearly relieved that nothing bad had happened to them, "I would go to bed quickly if I were you, Tee was insistent that everyone goes planting tomorrow in the farming fields."

"Planting?!" I instantly gasped.

What a boring trip!

P'Forth Forth nodded, smirking at me.

"Pha you are so dead." I threatened with a low tone.

"How is it my fault that P'Tee wants to take us all planting?"

"You were the one that insisted we all go on this trip!"

"Actually P," Yo gulped, "that was me-"

"You're exempted from punishment Yo, cause I actually like you." I told him honestly.

"Hey!" Pha shouted, "how is that fair?"

"It is bloody fair!"

"I help you all the time," Pha chided, "I should be exempted too."

"Definitely not!" I shot back, "you get me into trouble more times than you help me."

"That's not true! What about that time when that grandma nearly hit you with her walking stick because you told her to hurry up-"

"Don't bring that up you giraffe! That point isn't valid!"

"How the hell isn't that valid?!"

"Shut up both of you!" P'Forth interrupted, "people are still sleeping, and I'd appreciate it if we didn't disturb them. We've got a long day ahead of us. Now go to bed!"

Just then someone's phone rang. I knew immediately from the ring tone that it wasn't Beam's or Pha's.

Nai picked up with haste, the colour from his face draning after a minute of just listening to the person on the other end of the line talk.