Chapter 23: Ice cream at midnight

I sat in the room assigned to me by seniors, with both my best friends sat on either side of me.

"So that's why you didn't come back on the bus," Beam realised.

That's right.

After hitting Nai, Ming had taken my hand and had forced me to sit next to him on the bus he was on.

He had strictly told me that he didn't want me anywhere near Nai, although we actually hadn't talked about what had actually happened.

Although I was glad that I wasn't assigned the same room as Nai, I still had that raging fear that I was going to have to see him for the whole week, and that he was very near to where I was.

"I swear if that fucker does anything again, I'm going to break his bones." Pha sighed, putting his arm over my shoulder and drawing me in for a side hug. "I still don't understand why Menna is even friends with him."

"Maybe because she's a bitch too," I said under my breath, but instantly regretted it. What was I thinking comparing her to a rapist like Nai. I had no right to. It was simply uncalled for, and I felt guilty for doing so.

I was glad that Pha didn't hear me say that, as I would owe him a big apology.

"Let's just forget about him," I said loudly, shrugging my two best friends off of me and getting up to stand in front of them. "What do you all say we go exploring a little?"

"Yeah!" Beam instantly agreed, his face lighting up a little, "I want to go see what this resort has to offer."

Pha sighed shaking his head, "but we didn't bring our cars remember? How are we supposed to get around?"

"You know there's this thing called walking," I laughed.

"Oh shut up," he retorted, "I was just looking out for Beam who we all know can't walk for more than ten minutes."

"Oh so we're playing the Beam card now are we," beam huffed, "Why do I always have to end up in you guys' arguments?" He shouted, "like I'm not even in this!"

"Well guess what lazy potato, you are now." I said, "now tell Pha that you can walk and that we will go out!"

"Don't call me a lazy potato you goose head!"

Well that escalated quickly.

"Don't tell me what I can and cannot call you!"

"Stop fucking shouting at me! Pha tell him!"

"I'm not getting involved-" Pha started.

"You were already involved!" Both me and Beam shouted out at the same time.

Just before things could get more heated, there was a knock at our room door.

We all paused, and looked at each other like deers caught in a headlight.

"Come in," Pha said after clearing his throat.

"What is going on here," our senior, Tee, said while walking into the room. "I could hear you guys from all the way down the hall."

"Nothing P." I retorted quickly.

He gave me a look and I looked at Pha to back me up.

He understood instantly saying, "really P, we were just uhh...um..."

"Singing!" Beam butted in quickly.

"Yeah we were just singing." Pha agreed, his eyes glaring at Beam because honestly couldn't he think of a better excuse for our pointless screaming at each other.