Chapter 35: Panic attack

Hope everyone had a lovely Christmas and New Years 🎉💐🌈💕

"I can't believe I agreed to this!" Beam grumbled, kicking a stone that was in his way as we walked.

"You should be grateful I even let you come." I teased, Pha snickered next to me.

"Grateful?!" He sounded offended, "I should be grateful?!"

I nodded, not looking at him as he stomped his feet grumpily on the floor as I carried on walking.

"If it wasn't for you, I would have been able to successfully convince Nai not to meet up with that shit head!"

"Come on Beam!" I snapped, "we need to know why Tae wanted to meet up with Nai in the first place."

"I can't believe this," Beam huffed, "he has a girlfriend! You told me that remember. Or have you forgotten!"

"Shhhh!" I told him, "don't let Nai hear you say that." I looked carefully at Nai, who was only walking a few steps ahead of the three of us with Ming by his side, hoping he hadn't heard.

I didn't want Nai to know yet about Earth and Tae, I wanted to hear what Tae had to say first before I revealed anything.

"Whatever." Beam grumbled, fastening his pace to catch up with his cousin and Ming.

I watched him go with a sigh. This was going to be a long day.

We walked for a few more minutes, when we came to a stop at a new cafe that had opened near our university.

"This is the place guys," Nai said, excitedly looking at the four of us. "P'Tae told me to meet him here."

I nodded.

"So we'll be inside then," Pha said, making sure everyone knew about the plan.

"Make sure to sit at a table close to us so I can easily beat the pig if I need to." Beam grumbled.

Pha shot him a look, "no Beam. So that we'll be able to hear what is going on and help you if need be."

"That too." Beam added after second thought.

The four of us went inside the cafe (Ming, Pha, Beam and I) and picked a table in the far corner where there was little bustle.

Pha had gone to get us all drinks, and we were sipping them quietly, Beam complaining about the entire situation as usual, when we spotted Nai walking inside, Tae in tow.

Like planned, Nai sat on a table directly opposite to the one we were at. That meant I was facing Tae, and so I could make out what he was saying very clearly.

"Is this table fine P?" Nai asks Tae, who gave him the warmest of smiles in return.

"It sure is Nini, especially when I have such a great view." He winked at him.

He was facing Nai, so no he was not talking about me. Don't get the wrong idea.

Beam scoffed, making me kick him under the table and shot him a glare.

He raised his hands up in return mouthing a very sarcastic 'sorry' to me. I rolled my eyes.

Nai giggled at the smooth reply, and I was sure he was blushing even though I couldn't see his face. "P," he whined cutely, "stop haha."

They both bantered a little, before things started to get more serious. The juicy information I was looking for was bound to spill anytime soon, I was sure of it.

"Nini I'm really sorry for saying all those nasty things I said to you on the phone." He reaches out his hand across the table to clasp Nai's hand in his. "You must know I didn't mean any of it."