14

As soon as frank woke up Saturday morning, he grabbed his phone from the nightstand and unplugged the charger, checking for any messages. There weren't any. He figured Gerard was still asleep, it was only 10 A.M. after all, which was actually a rational time to be awake but usually frank slept till one or two pm. It was his own fault, he stayed up till about 3 or 4 A.M.

He sighed and stood from the bed, holding his head for dear life because he stood up way too quickly. Once the dizziness was gone and his sight went back to normal, he threw on a T-shirt and since he was too lazy to throw on some jeans, he decided to walk downstairs in his underwear. As he started going down the stairs, he heard two voices talking back and forth, one male, one female. He rounded the corner into the living room and saw his mom talking to Gerard, both sitting on the couch.

"Gerard!" Frank smiled and walked over to him, sitting beside him with his head on the older's shoulder. Gerard blushed, seeing as Frank had no pants on, and what little he was wearing didn't do much to hide the, uh, size.

"Hey frank." He spoke nervously. Frank's mom smirked as she took a sip of her coffee. "You weren't supposed to be awake yet, I was gonna surprise you." It was then that frank looked down at Gerard's hand, which held a yellow rose with red tips. It was at full bloom, and it was absolutely beautiful.

"Is that for me?" Frank asked, wrapping his arms around Gerard's right one and holding him closer. Gerard nodded and handed it to frank.

"Oh I get it!" Frank smiled. "It's because it means sunshine and you call me sunshine." Gerard was confused for a moment, until he remembered that he told frank incorrectly so it wouldn't seem awkward.

"Yeah!" Gerard smiled back.

"Gerard brought me this yellow rose."

"It stands for friendship and welcoming." Gerard added. Frank's mom nodded.

"What did you say that one stood for? The one with the red?"

"Sunshine." Gerard mumbled. Linda nodded. Linda wasn't as ecstatic over flowers as Gerard was, but she knew a thing or two about roses. And she knew that yellow with red tips did not symbolize sunshine. She knew that either Gerard was lying or he didn't know the true meaning. And judging by how he brought the welcoming one for Linda and the falling in Love one for frank, she also figured that Gerard was lying.

"Mom do we have a vase?"

"We have mason jars. You can use one of those." Frank nodded and stood up, walking to the kitchen.

Gerard was nervous around Linda. As he was all adults. He felt like he had to make them like him. He felt like a failure if they didn't like him. But he really didn't have anything to worry about because he was very like-able to adults. Especially Linda. She liked how sweet he was to frank, how nice he was to her. She thought he seemed respectable, and that he was well mannered. Really the perfect boy for frank in her opinion.

    Frank came back into the living room with a mason jar halfway filled with water and the rose inside of it.

    "Gerard, I'm gonna take this to my room. Wanna come with me?" He asked, holding his hand out to the older. Gerard looked to Linda first to make sure it was okay and she just shrugged, taking another sip of her coffee. Gerard took frank's hand and stood up, following him up the stairs. Once they entered frank's room, Gerard laughed.