Chapter 9

Selena's P.O.V

   When I arrived at Demi's house, I hugged her really tight. I'm just so in love with her and I missed her the whole day. She didn't seem like she was okay or in the right mindset when she opened the door.

"Hey, babe. You okay?"

Demi: "Yeah, I'm fine. Come in."

   I went in and sat on the couch in the living room. She closed and locked the door and came over to sit on the couch. She sat down and stared at me with a little smile.

"Someone's happy to see me." I said sarcastically

Demi: "You have no idea." She said smiling while nervous

"Okay. Well, I came to see if you were okay and you told me that you were bored, so what do you wanna do?"

Demi: "Anything you wanna do. I could care less. I'm just happy to see you."

   She leaned over and hugged me really tight. Usually, I can tell when something is wrong with her. She was acting really weird today.

"Demi, is everything okay? You seem.... On edge."

Demi: "Yeah, I'm fine. Let's just do what you want."

"Demi, I can tell when something is wrong with you. Is something bothering you?"

Demi: "No. Why?"

"Because you're being a little bit of... how can I put this?.... Not yourself?"

Demi: "That's because I'm happy to see you."

"Okay. I miss you too."

   She went in to hug me again, but I didn't smell her usual perfume. Her clothes smelt like a familiar cologne. Just then, I knew exactly who it belonged to. She pulled away and smiled at me. It wasn't her average cute and sheepish smile. It was a smile that looked like she was hiding something.

"Okay. What's gotten into you?"

Demi: "I don't know what you're talking about."

"Oh? Okay, well, let me rephrase that? Who's gotten into you?" I said getting up from the couch and facing her.

She looked at me with one eyebrow raised in shock as to what I just said.

"C'mon. Spit it out. Who is it?" I said crossing my arms.

Demi: "It was Nick."

"Okay. Let me see if I can comprehend this correctly. So, Nick comes to your rehearsal to take you back after he's been a major douchebag to you, you say you wanted me instead, go back home, and turn around and cheat on me..... with him?"

Demi: "He came to my house and just walked in and he said he wanted to help me move on, but one thing led to another. I'm sorry."

"That doesn't give you an excuse. We're 25 year old women. We're too mature to be having high school drama."

Demi: "Look, I didn't mean for this to happen, okay? I didn't wanna hurt anybody. I was trying to let Nick know that I wanted to get over him!"

"Yeah, but instead you laid under him!"

She stood still and just looked at me with a blank face. All I saw were tears coming out of her eyes and I realised what I had said.

"Look, Dems. I'm sorry. I was just upset. I didn't mean to say that."

Demi: "Selena, please leave. I can't think about this right now."

"Alright. I'm out."

   I went out and got in my car. When I drove away, I turned on the radio and her song Cry Baby came on. I turned to another station, because hearing her voice would make me upset.

   The drive home isn't long, but it felt like forever. When I got home, I got this sudden urge to call Demi and talk to her again, but I put the phone down and just laid down on my bed.
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Nick's P.O.V

I got home from Demi's house and saw Olivia sitting on the couch watching t.v. I sat next to her and looked at her.

Olivia: "Where have you been?"

"Out for a drive."

Olivia: "For four hours?"

"There's a lot you can do for four hours in Los Angeles."

She had a suspicious look on her face, leaned in and smelled Demi's perfume on me.

Olivia: "You were at Demi's house, weren't you?"

"Yeah."

Olivia: "Really? Doing what?"

"Nothing. I swear."

Olivia: "That's funny, because I don't remember Demi being 'nothing'.

"Can we please not do this right now?"

Olivia: "Why? You always treat me right when you don't wanna be held accountable for your actions."

Hearing Olivia saying these things and explaining to me why she felt a certain way made me reevaluate myself and how I treat both Demi and Olivia.

She was right. That's all I knew how to do. Weasel my way out of being held accountable for my own actions.

Olivia: "Nick, are you listening to me? You're just staring out into space."

"Yeah. I'm listening. I was just doing some heavy thinking. You're right. I really should change. I'm ready to move on. I promise. Olivia, I wanna be with you from now on. Please, just give me one more chance."

Olivia: "Are you sure?"

"I promise. And I will never put my hands on you ever again."

Olivia: "Okay, then."

"I'm going to make it up to you right now. Get your jacket. We're going out to eat."

Olivia: "Okay, but nothing over the top. I just want something simple."

"We can eat anywhere you want. My treat."

I took Olivia to a nice diner and let her order anything she wanted. We ate and talked about certain things that bothered us and we we're willing to work through those problems if we just talked about it instead of sneaking around.

We have a long way to go, but I'm willing to do anything that will help me get over Demi. It won't be easy, but it's worth the try.