Chapter 28

Olivia's P.O.V

   I woke up on the couch and realized that I was surrounded by a half bottle of champagne, soggy strawberries, and used tissues. I cried myself to sleep because I can't keep people around. I guess Demi was right. I am a bitch. I should just stop messing with her. I feel really bad, now. I should make things right.

I called Demi to talk to her and really be nice to her this time.

*on the phone*

The phone was ringing, but I caught her voicemail.

"Hey, you've reached Demi. I can't come to the phone right now. Leave me a message and I'll get back to you."

*beep*

"Hey, Demi. It's Olivia. I just wanted to call and say that I was sorry and I've been thinking on what you said. Call me once you get this."

I hung up the phone and got off of the couch. I cleaned up the mess on the coffee table and went in the shower.

When I got out, my phone rang. I went over to my phone as fast as I could.

*on the phone*

O: "Dems?"

N: "No, its Nick."

O: "What is it?"

N: "Hear me out. I just wanna talk to you. Meet me at my house in a couple minutes."

O: "Why should I?"

N: "Please? I need to see you face to face."

O: "Why?"

N: "Trust me. You would want me to do this face to face."

O: "Okay. Fine. I'll meet you there in ten minutes."

N: "Thank you."

O: "Sure."

*end of the call*

I dried off and threw on something casual.

I hopped in my car and drove to his house

I hopped in my car and drove to his house. It took a few minutes to get there.

When I popped up to the house, he was already standing in the doorway. I got out of my car and locked the door.

Nick: "Hey."

"Hi. What's the emergency?"

Nick: "Come inside. I'll tell you."

"Okay, Nick. You're scaring me. Is everything okay?"

Nick: "There's no need to be afraid. I just need to talk to you."

I went in the house and sat on the couch. When he locked the door, he came over to me and sat down.

Nick: "Look, I need to get something off of my chest, Liv."

"What's wrong?"

He took my hands in his and looked me in my eyes.

Nick: "I have someone else. I just wanted closure between us and I just don't want any unfinished business."

My heart sank in to my pants. I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

Nick: "I've moved on and I want you to move on and be happy. I can't string you along. Is it okay if we're just friends from now on?"

What? Why was he saying this? 'Moved on'? Oh, no, no, no. I don't wanna hear this. I still love him. He can't do this.

"Uh, yeah.... yeah, I-- I totally get it. Thanks for thinking of me. I appreciate it."

Nick: "Really? No hard feelings?"

"Gosh, no. I'm happy you told me face to face. Not everyone around me had the thought of doing that."

Nick: "I'm glad I could be the first."
He said with a devilishly handsome smirk.

I chuckled a little at his comment.

Nick: "Would you like to stay a little longer?"

"Um... as much as I want to, I kinda had plans for something else. I'm sorry."

Nick: "It's cool. There's always next time."

He walked me to the car and made sure I got in.

Nick: "You good?"

"Yeah. Thanks." I chuckled.

Nick: "Good. Get home safe, alright?"

"I will. Thanks."

He walked away from the car and I pulled off.

   As I spent the rest of the afternoon driving, I let my tears fall. I couldn't bear the thought of someone else holding his hand and kissing his soft lips.

I don't want to think about that at all.

   I tried putting the radio on, but that didn't help. I drove home with tears in my eyes as Ed Sheeran played in the background.

Take me into your lovin' arms
Kiss me under the light of a thousand stars
Place your head on my beating heart
I'm thinking out loud.
Baby, we found love
right where we are

   I let the music soothe me for as long as it could. I dunno how I'm gonna survive this, but I'll find a way.

   I finally got home and unlocked the door. When I closed the door, I locked it behind me and ran up to my room. I buried my head in the pillow and cried my eyes out.

Some hours passed and I couldn't shake my sadness.

So, I did the one thing that I'd never thought I'd do.

   I called Demi for some support. I know its weird of me because of the way I've been treating her, but this time, I wanna start over.

I could really use her companionship right about now.

Song: Thinking Out Loud by Ed Sheeran.

A/N: That was the chapter. I hoped you enjoyed it. When I finish this book, you guys might see some one shots or short stories coming your way.