Chapter 27

Demi's P.O.V.

I haven't been feeling like myself lately and it's starting to scare me a bit.

I woke up on the couch, surprised that I wasn't on my bed. I was laying on someone's chest and looked up to see Kehlani.

I sat up and rubbed my eyes. I think I woke Kehlani up by mistake because her eyes fluttered open.

"I'm sorry. Did I wake you?"

Kehlani: "No, it's cool. I was going to wake up anyway. You doin' okay?"

"Yeah. Just have a bit of a headache. That's all."

Kehlani: "You need me to get you an aspirin?"

"No, it's okay. You don't have to do that."

Kehlani: "C'mon. I insist. I wanna make sure you're okay."

"You sure? I don't wanna be any trouble."

Kehlani: "Yes. I'm sure. Let me take you out for Starbucks at least."

"Can I get cleaned up first?"

Kehlani: "Sure. Why not?"

"Thank you. You don't wanna change either?"

Kehlani: "I'll be fine."

"Okay."

I went upstairs to get washed up and changed into a black t shirt, grey sweats, and some black and white Nikes. I came back down and grabbed my keys and jacket.

Kehlani: "Better?"

"Better." I said smiling

We head out to Kehlani's car and she drove to Starbucks. I ordered some tea and she ordered a vanilla ice coffee.

Kehlani: "Anything else you wanna do today?"

"I dunno. I'm just enjoying the fresh air. I felt so cooped up in the house. It was so stuffy in there."

Kehlani: "That's good. I wanna make sure you're having fun."

"Thanks, babe. I really appreciate it. Once again, I'm sorry you had to see that side of me."

Kehlani: "Stop, apologizing, baby. Its okay. I'd probably yell, too. They were getting a little too crazy yesterday. Especially Nick. I still can't believe he called me Karen. He is a bag of tricks, that guy."

"He is a bit of a mess." I said chuckling.

Kehlani: "Yeah. He's really something."

"Yeah. I just feel lighter, now. I kinda feel like I screwed up and pushed everyone away, though."

Kehlani: "How so?"

"I don't know how they're gonna act around me. I was really honest and they probably thought I was being a bitch and hurt their feelings. That wasn't my intention at all. I just wanted to tell them how I felt, but things got out of control."

Kehlani: "I know. I know you meant well, babe. However they take it is their business. You said what you had to say and that's all that matters. You did your part. Now, it's up to them to choose what they're gonna do."

"You have the answer to everything." I said smiling.

Kehlani: "No, I don't have the answer to everything. I'm just speaking from experience." She said smiling.

"Thank you."

Kehlani: "Anything for you, baby girl."

I hugged her really tight. I felt safer in her arms.

When I pulled back, she leaned in and kissed me.

Kehlani: "I just wanna see you happy."

"Thanks, baby."

Kehlani: "Anything for you."

We spent the whole day taking a walk and talking about random stuff. I didn't know I was gonna find someone like her. I'm falling hard for this girl. I hope everything works out between us.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Joe's P.O.V

I was sitting at home watching Saw III when I got a phone call from Nick.

*on the phone*

J: "Hello."

N: "Hey, bro. You have a minute?"

J: "Yeah, what's up?"

N: "I'm going on a date tomorrow, but I also wanna do something special for Demi afterwards. What do you think I should do?"

J: "Let her be happy."

N: "Joe, I'm serious."

J: "So am I. I think you've done enough damage already." I said chuckling.

N: "I'm not gonna screw up this time. I just want some closure from her. You know, the right way."

J: "Well, I dunno what to tell you on that part, but just be careful, okay?"

N: "I will."

J: "Good. So, this date that's you're talking about..."

N: "Oh, boy."

J: "Hey, you knew I was gonna ask at some point."

N: "Well, if you must know, her name is Priyanka Chopra. I met her at a club and we went to my place and--"

J: "Whoa! Skip that part, please." I laughed

N: "My bad, bro. I called her the next morning and asked her on a date, and now we're going out tomorrow at 7:30 p.m." I said chuckling.

J: "That's great, man. Treat this one right this time, okay?"

N: "I will. Talk to you later, okay?"

J: "Okay. Later, bro."

*end of the phone call*

This time, I'm gonna try one more time to make Demi happy.

I'll invite her over for dinner one day and talk to her.

She'll enjoy it for sure.

I went to the grocery store and bought some ingredients to make some nice Spanish food.

I'll make empanadas and arroz con pollo.

She'll love it. I know she will.

A/N: Sorry this chapter was so short, guys. School, homework, college preparation, the whole nine yards. I'll still update whenever I can, though. 😋😁