Chapter 35

Selena's P.O.V

We were seated in the auditorium and Nick Cannon came up to the stage to introduce the co host for the evening.

Nick Cannon: "Welcome to the Scream V premiere. I'm your host Nick Cannon and this is your co host Brad Pitt."

Brad Pitt: "Yes. We applaud you all for coming out tonight. Our support is what these actors/actresses need." He said with a smile.

Nick Cannon: "Yes, indeed. The program for y'all won't be before you long. We're gonna have a good time tonight."

I was listening to the host when Justin leaned in to speak to me.

Justin: "When were not doing anything, I was wondering maybe we can go see Scream V."

"Justin, are you asking me on a date?" I asked smiling.

Justin: "Of course I am."

He gently grabbed my hand and kissed it. I basically felt butterflies in my stomach.

"It's a date, then."

Justin smiled at me and we both turned our attention to the stage.

Nick Cannon: "First, we're gonna announce the actress and actors for the movie. Up first, we have Neve Campbell for Reoccurring Character."

We saw Neve go up to the stage, receive her award, and give her speech.

Neve: "I just wanna thank my family for my support and believing in me. A big shout out to everyone who made this possible. The cast, the producers, everyone. Thank you." She said getting off the stage.

Everyone applauded and the hosts went back up to introduce Demi for her speech as Best Co Character.

•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Demi's P.O.V

I went up after they called my name to give my speech.

I accepted my certificate and went up to the microphone.

"This is amazing. I couldn't be happier. I'd like to thank Neve. You were awesome to work with. I appreciate it, Nick, Selena, Joe, thanks for believing in me. Without my Lovatics, this wouldn't be possible. Kehlani?"

I saw her look directly at me with a smile."

"...I love you, baby." I said smiling.

Kehlani mouthed 'I love you, too.' I blew a kiss and walked off the stage as I heard the roaring applause.

I continued back to my seat and sat next to the love of my life.

The premiere ended after going on for another two and a half hours.

The lights in the auditorium came back in and everyone went outside to fraternize.

Me and Kehlani decided to join and talk to other celebrities who came to support.

Soon, we became tired so we decided to leave. Nick, and Selena joined and we took an uber.

Selena: "Your speech was awesome."

"Aww, thank you."

Selena: "No problem."

Nick: "You look fantastic, might I add."

"Thanks, Nick."

Nick: "You're welcome. Kehlani?"

Kehlani: "Yes?" She said with a smile.

Nick: "Take good care of her, alright?"

Kehlani: "I will." She said putting one arm around me and kissing my forehead.

Eventually, after forty minutes, we dropped everyone off and finally we were home.

Kehlani and I got to the door and came inside.

Kehlani: "I had fun with you tonight."

"I had fun, too."

Kehlani: "I'm so proud of you."

"Thanks, babe."

Kehlani: "No problem. Here, have a seat." She said leading me to the couch.

"Oh, thank you so much." I said following her lead.

"Whatever takes care of you."

She helped me take my shoes off and gave me a foot rub.

Kehlani: "I'm gonna get you something to drink."

"Water, please?"

Kehlani: "Comin' right up."

Within six seconds, she came back with a cool glass of water.

"I appreciate it."

Kehlani: "Just trying to make you happy."

She got down in the floor and continued to rub my feet.

I became really comfortable and I sank into the couch.

A few minutes later and I didn't feel anyone touching me.

My eyes slowly opened and I saw Kehlani kneeling in front of me with a ring in a box.

I was in shock. I didn't know what to say.

Kehlani: "I know we've only been together for four months, or a little over four months, but I'm really in love with you and my feelings for you grow stronger everyday."

My face became hot and my pulse was racing.

Kehlani: "The way you look, your amazing voice, your intellect, your soul, everything about you draws me closer to you daily. I can't describe my joy of seeing you. With that being said, Demetria Devonne Lovato..... Will you marry me?"

My head felt like it was spinning. I couldn't contain myself.

"Y-yes. I will." I said grinning.

Kehlani: "You will?" She said with a grin.

"Yes. Get up here and kiss me."

She stood up and kissed my lips. I can't believe I'm gonna be Kehlani's wife.

I get to spend the rest of my life with the most amazing woman in the world.