Sunflowers

Wayo's POV

I'm now at my faculty waiting for Ming to come and fetch me home. My class for today ended one hour earlier than Ming's so I decided to spend this one hour visiting the art gallery.

The art gallery in my faculty displays drawings that drawn by our art students. Since I have nothing to do now, I decided to come and spend my one hour here.

The art gallery we have here, is equivalent to two of our classrooms. It's kind of quiet in here and there isn't much students around.

Wow! They are really beautiful. Even though I don't really understand arts but I'm very sure that the art students must have been putting in a lot of efforts in order to produce these beautiful drawings.

And then, there's one drawing that catches my eyes. It's a drawing of sunflowers, my favourite flower.

I know, normal guys don't like flowers. I guess I'm abnormal. I like flowers, especially sunflowers.

I even googled about sunflowers and read a lot of information about them.

From what I read, sunflowers are known as flower of the sun and they appears to be following the sun as it moves from East to West in the sky each day.

Sunflowers are also symbol of steadfast loyalty, everlasting faith and dedicated love.

There's also a myth about sunflower. It's a story about a Greek water nymph, Clytie fall in love with the Greek Sun God, Apollo. In the end, she transformed into sunflower but there are lots of different versions about how she transformed into sunflower.

Clytie's love for Apollo is one-sided, unrequited love that would never be reciprocated. Just like mine.

I'm the real-life Clytie and Ming is my real-life Apollo.

I know that my love will never be reciprocated but the funniest thing is I never thought of giving up. Never once, the thought of giving up has occurred to me.

ring~ ring~ ring~

I take out my phone from my pocket and grin when I see the name of the caller.

"Hello, P'Ming."

"Yo, where are you? My class just ended."

"I'm at the art gallery in my faculty."

"Ok. Wait for me at the same place I dropped you off this morning."

"Ok. See you later. Bye bye."

"Bye."

After hanging up the call, I put my phone back into my pocket and take a deep breath to calm down my fast beating heart.

Just by listening to his voice can cause my heart rate to shoot up.

If I ever going for a body check-up, I think I must avoid him completely for the day. If not, the doctor will sure send me to see heart specialist for abnormal heart rate.

I glance back at the drawing once again before walking out of the gallery.

Goodbye, sunflowers. My Apollo is waiting for me.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

This is a short chapter about sunflowers, my favourite flower. 🌻🌻

What are your favourite flower?
🌷🌹

Thank you for the votes, comments and spending your precious time reading my story. 😄😄