Sharing Secrets

Kit's POV

"Kit, thank you for accompanying me today."

"You're welcome and you're too polite, P'Pha. I am the one who should thank you instead for asking me out. I'm going to die of boredom." I said with a bit of exaggeration.

P'Pha let out a soft laugh and say, "Still no improvement between Ming and Beam?"

"You should know Beam. Even though he didn't show it out, but deep down, he cares deeply for Wayo. Beam can be protective when it comes to someone he cares and Ming, you know, he can't think straight when it comes to Wayo." I stated.

"Just give them some time. I believe everything will be alright." P'Pha said.

"Hope so."

I'm now with P'Pha looking for a birthday gift for his cousin. I received a call from him this morning, asking me whether I am free to go out with him today to shop for birthday gift.

Since I don't have any plans today, so I agreed. We just finished buying his cousin's gift and decided to shop around since we already here and we have nothing to do.

It's strange to be alone with P'Pha. Honestly, I am not very close to P'Pha. Beam is the one who introduced P'Pha to us. Yes, we spent time together but as a group, not like now, just two of us. I feel a bit awkward.

"Come, Kit, let me drive you home. I think it's going to rain." P'Pha said, looking at the sky.

P'Pha was right. The sky is covered with black clouds and I can hear thunder roaring. It's going to rain heavily. Better get back before it rains.

"Ok. Thanks, P'Pha."

Sometimes things don't turn out to be as what you wish. When we walk towards P'Pha's car, we get caught in a downpour. And now, both of us are wet, soaking wet, from head to toe.

"Shit! Why don't the rain come after we get into the car?" P'Pha grumbles.

"Kit, my apartment is closer to here. I think you better come to my apartment and have a change of clothes." P'Pha suggested.

"Hmm... ok." I agreed after giving some thoughts to that suggestion.

P'Pha's clothes are too big for me but it's better than wearing wet clothes and I don't want to get sick.

#####

We managed to reach P'Pha's apartment in thirty minutes. His apartment is neat and simple. Too simple, if you ask me and all the colours of his furniture are either black, white or brown. Lifeless is the first word that pops out in my mind.

P'Pha came out from his bedroom with some clothes and towel in his hand.

"Kit, the bathroom is over there. Take a shower and change into dry clothes." He passes the clothes to me and point to the direction of the bathroom.

"Oh, yeah! After the shower, you can rest in the guestroom until the rain stops." He added.

"Ok. Thanks, P'Pha." I thank him and walk towards the bathroom to have my shower. It's very uncomfortable to be in wet clothes. I can't wait to get myself out of these clothes.

#####

Yes! I feel refreshed and comfortable to be in dry clothes. The shirt is too big for me and the shorts, luckily, it's an elastic waist shorts and it has a string that I can pull and tie a knot to secure it.

P'Pha just now mentioned that I can rest in his guestroom, but he didn't mention which room, so I guess any room will do.

I walk to the nearest room and open the door. I am astonished by the scene in front of me.