Moowan (Part 1)

Wayo's POV

I'm now at Ming's faculty canteen waiting for them. Today is my turn to come over to his faculty for lunch.

Ming just message me that there is a delay in their class so they will be late and P'Pha will not be joining us for lunch.

I'm browsing the list of songs in my phone, looking for a song that I can use in my performance. There is a small test coming up in three week time and I am required to perform a song.

Hmmm...What song should I perform?

I'm too engrossed in my search that I didn't realise there is someone standing in front of me until that someone knock on the table in front of me.

I look up, in front of me stands a beautiful girl with red armpit length hair, wearing pink tank top with light blue low rise jeans showing off her belly button.

"Are you Wayo?"

"Yeah. Do I know you?" She looked me up and down, and she sneered.

"P', do I know you?" I asked again with a frown on my face.

"You are a lucky boy, Wayo. Do you know that?" I can hear a trace of sarcasm in her voice.

"But somehow I really don't understand why someone like you can be Ming's friend. Have you ever thought that you will bring shame to Ming just by standing beside him? Look at yourself. Ming is one of the most popular and handsome man in school. And you? Just go and look yourself in the mirror. You are just an ugly duckling beside the swan." She said with a contemptuous smile on her face.

My heart sinks, hearing what she said. Every words of hers are like flying daggers to my heart. I can't defy her because what she said is true.

I am just an ugly duckling beside the swan.

*BANG*

We are startled by a loud bang and turn towards the source of the sound. Ming is standing a table away from us with P'Beam and P'Kit.

Ming's face is dark with rage. He marched angrily towards us with P'Beam and P'Kit following behind him.

"WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU ARE? WHO SAY YOU CAN TALK TO YO IN THAT MANNER?" He yells at her.

She looks at him with a mixture of fear and sadness.

From the corner of my eyes, I can see a lot of students looking at us and we have become the centre of attention.

"Moowan, don't ever think that you can interfere with my life just because I have sex with you. Need me to remind you that you are not the only woman I have sex with. You are just one of those women." He hissed.

"I don't hit woman but I will hit one when necessary. Don't ever appear in front of Yo again. I can't guarantee that I won't hit you if I see you with him again. Understand?" He warned her with a stern expression.

"Y..yes..."

"Get lost! I don't want to see you now."

That girl who called Moowan turns and looks at me with hate in her eyes before running away.

Ming moves towards me, lay his hand behind my back and ask softly with concern in his voice.

"Yo, are you alright?"

"Wayo, are you ok?" P'Kit asked with concern too.

"I'm fine. Thank you for your concern."

"Wayo, you must be hungry now. Let's go and eat. What you want to eat? Just order what you want. My treat."

I know P'Beam is trying to change the atmosphere.

"Sorry, P. I don't have any appetite now. P, just go ahead and have your lunch. I need to go back to my faculty now. Sorry, P. Enjoy your lunch."

I bow and walk away from them as fast as I can.

I can feel the control of my emotions is breaking. My eyes welled up with tears. There is no way I can stay here. 

I run to the nearest washroom in my faculty and lock myself up in the cubicle. I can't control my tears any longer.

She is right. I'm just an ugly duckling. How can someone like me be friends with Ming, one of the most handsome boys? I'm just an ugly duckling....

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Ming's POV

"Yo! Yo!" I shouted.

"Kit, let me go. I want to go and find Yo."

Kit holds onto my arm, stopping me from going after Yo.

"Ming, let Yo has some moments alone. I think he needs it."

"Damn it." I kick the table to vent out my anger.

"That Damn woman! Who she think she is? How can she says those words to Yo? How can she hurt Yo that way? She is lucky that she is a woman. If not, I will punch her for sure."

Kit and Beam listen quietly to my rantings without saying anything. I'm so angry and worry right now, and I can't even think straight. I feel like punching someone right now.

How is Yo now? Is he crying? He hasn't eaten his lunch? What if he gets hungry? Yo must be very upset right now. He will need someone to accompany him. Kit shouldn't stop me from going after Yo. It was all that woman's fault.

"Ming, calm down. You have been pacing up and down for about 15 minutes. I know you are worry about Wayo. Whoever been in that situation will be upset, that's for sure. Give him some time alone."

"I agree with Kit. Ming, if we let you go and see Wayo now, what can you say to him? Moowan is the woman you have sex with. She came here and insult Wayo. Obviously, it's because of you. She is jealous of Wayo. Everyone who knows you, knows you care about Wayo."

"Beam, are you saying it's my fault and I'm the one who causes all these?" I narrowed my eyes looking at Beam.

"Hey! I'm not saying it's your fault. I'm just stating down the facts."

"Stop it, two of you."

"Ming, you really need to calm down. And what Beam said is true. Obviously, Moowan is jealous of Wayo because she loves you. I know you have make yourself clear to all those women, but that doesn't mean they won't love you. I think you need to do something to prevent this type of incident happen again. Don't worry too much. I believe Wayo will be fine."

"Hopefully."