Chapter 7: First Day of Classes

-(Y/N) POV-

I slowly opened my eyes before I raised my hand over my eyes to stop the sunlight from hitting my face before I sat up letting out a tired yawn. Looking around my room examining better as I was able to get a much better look at it with the sunlight. Looking over by the dresser where the clock was at, my eyes widen and my face paled at the time, it says 8:50... which means I have twenty minutes before class starts. Shoot off my bed I quickly rushed to the bathroom, quickly washing my face and brushing my teeth I ran back to get ready. Putting on the uniform every student was required to wear as fast I could I got stuck on putting on a tie. I tried multiple time putting on the tie but looking at the clock to see it 8:59 my eyes widen again as I got only one minute left.

"You know what, screw this thing." I said forgetting about the tie and stroked out my dorm and ran like there's no tomorrow to my class. But as I was running I heard the bell ring and knew that I am late, but I knew I was going to be late since I woke up so damn late. Still running I finally arrived at the class and bursted through the door causing some students to jump and gaining everyone's attention as I was catching my breath.

"I see you finally arrived class Mr. (L/N), but you are late." I looked above me to see a large man hovering above me. He has grey hair and a large grey mustache and looks a bit too fat to be a hunter, but you can never judge a book by its cover.

"Sorry I *breath* overslept, it won't happen *breath* again." I said breathing heavily.

"It's fine considering your condition from your initiation you still need to time to recover, so 'll let you off the hook but please show up on time. But don't be late again." The man said. "Now go along and find a place to sit and we'll begin the class, and next time please wear your tie, it's part of the uniform." He said as I sighed a bit but quickly straighten up.

"Yes Mr... uh." I stopped.

"Professor Port." He introduced himself as I then looked to find a seat.

"Hey (Y/N)! Over here!" I heard someone shout. Looking from where I was called I saw Ruby waving her hands at me. "Come sit with us, there's an open seat behind us!" She called out as I noticed an empty seat behind her and her team. I then made my way towards them and sat on the seat behind them before the old professor walked in the middle before speaking.

"Now Where was I? Oh yes! *cough* Monsters! Deeeemons... Prowlers of the night! Yes, the creatures of Grimm have many names, but I merely refer to them as prey! Ha-ha!" Port jokes at the end which me and probably the entire class didn't get as the joke which the whole class remained quite.

'Oh Oum! This is going to be a long day!' I mentally groaned as I slammed my head on my desk already bored.

"Uhhhh... And you shall too, upon graduating from this prestigious academy! Now, as I was saying, Vale, as well as the other three kingdoms, are safe havens in an otherwise treacherous world! Our planet is absolutely teeming with creatures that would love nothing more than to tear you to pieces! And that's where we come in. Huntsmen! Huntresses..." Port then gave Yang a wink, which she groaned uncomfortably at as I almost threw up at the fact that Porr just hit on Yang. "Individuals who have sworn to protect those who cannot protect themselves! From what, you ask? Why, the very world!"

"Ayyyy-yep!" A random student shouted as he stands up and we all looked at him strangely.

"Shut up." I simply said to him making him sit back down embarrassed.

"That is what you are training to become. But first: A story. A tale of a young, handsome man... Me! When I was a boy..."  Port began as I completely lost interest as I looked down to see Ruby very focused on penciling the paper in front of her and Weiss was watching her and getting irritated.