Chapger 33: Off to Menagerie

-(Y/N) POV-

"You can't be serious?" I asked in disbelief as I sat across Ozpin in his office after he called me up here when I was in the middle my... study session with Melanie and Miltia.

"I'm always serious Mr.(L/N), especially in situations like these." He answered bluntly.

"But why Menagerie? Why would the League be there of all places, the only thing that they might be there would be because the main White Fang headquarters, but even then their base is well hidden." I said as Ozpin got up from his seat and walked towards his large window to take in the view.

"You are correct, it does involve the White Fang or I think it does, I've heard rumors of black hooded figures being spotted there and I want you to go and investigate. I know I told you to avoid contact with them but now all of the sudden they're making their presence known and I don't like it. They spent so many years in the shadows and now all of the sudden they're hunting not just the White Fang but powerful and influential figures." Ozpin explained.

"So you want to find out what they are planning correct?" I asked as he turned back around to face me.

"Yes, you'll leave within the hour so go and gather your things, it's going to be a long journey since the only way to Menagerie safely is through boat, so you'll take a Bullhead to a small city on the other side of the continent before taking the rest of your journey by boat." He explained which made me slightly froze up when he mentioned a boat that didn't seem to go unnoticed by the headmaster. "Is there a problem Mr. (L/N)?" He asked.

"Hold on (Y/N)!!!" A deep voice from my past echoed in my head as I shook my head.

"N-No, I'm fine." I answered regaining my composure, before I realized that if I'm going to Menagerie then maybe I can kill two birds with one stone. "If I'm going to Menagerie, then I would like to bring some people to accompany me."

"Oh? They wouldn't be Belladonna and Scarlatina would they?" Be asked with a slight smirk knowing who I was talking about. Reason why simply because so I can finally push Blake to talk to her family and Velvet mainly because her bear is just around the corner and she's been getting more and more aggressive in her approach.

"Yes, Blake grew up there and would know more about Menagerie then I do though she hasn't been there for some time now and isn't ready to go back so I'll have to make something up to convince. Plus bringing Velvet would help our search and them being Faunus they would bring attention to them and Wilson mainly because of Blake who grew very attached. I know you don't want to risk your students' lives against the League but if you think something big is happening then we need all the help we can get." I answered.

"That's what I was thinking but if you die, involve them then you'll have to tell them who you really are." He added.

"Going to have to tell them sooner or later but for now I want to start small by letting Blake and Velvet know first. I'm ready to sleep on the couch or on the floor when I tell them." I said as we both shared a chuckle. "Though now that I think about it, if you want me to go to Menagerie to track the League without raising their suspicions, it would be difficult to do so when word goes around that a human is in Menagerie. And I'm sure the locals aren't too fond of humans and they might be a problem if I cause some trouble." I said which led Ozpin to chuckle and walked back to his desk.

"Which is why I purchased this for you." Ozpin Said before reaching under his desk before pulling out a (H/C) cat headband.