Chapter 1

Hey everyone!

So my name is Jordan. Uhm, this is my first every story so i hope you like it! :D I'm also really new to Wattpad (one of my friends introduced me to it a few days ago) so i dont know everything there is to know about it like for example, how to make a summary of the book or a cover bage, etc. if anyone knows how to do these things please let me know so i can improve the story.

also leave me comments on how to make this better, things you do like, things you dont like, things you want me to add, or even just to say hey.

also, I probably wont publish the next chapter until i know people have read this and really like it. so, again, if you like let me know. Thanks guys!

i hope you like what you read!

Chapter One

Sitting at the table listening to all of my friends chatter on, I realize just how miserable my supposedly perfect life is.

I have a total of two friends, Rachael and Jack, who are relatively normal aside from the fact that they both are obsessed with sciencey stuff, especially evolution. And really, they wouldn't be my friends if their parents and mine weren't friends as well. But I guess that is just life as a teenage mutant.

Yes. Mutant. I've heard that word uttered as an insult more times than I can count. I've even been run away from on certain occasions. I really don't know what is wrong with me; I have shoulder length, wavy blonde hair, bright blue eyes, and a stellar figure. I am just like any other fifteen year old girl. Except for the fact that I was born with wings.

Wings? You might be thinking. How can a human have wings? Well it's quite simple actually. Before I was born, and my mother was pregnant with me, my parents decided that they wanted their "little angel" to actually look like an angel. So basically they hired a scientist to mess with my genes. After a few alterations the scientist finally had figured out how my genes should be set, he surgically implanted them into me and eight months later, I was born. Born with a pair of wings and faint blonde hairs sprouting from my head.

Fifteen years later, I am sitting at my kitchen table. It was my birthday yesterday so we had the party today. Of course, Rachael and Jack were the only ones to show up even though I must have invited half of the ninth grade. It was alright. We played hide and seek, normal high schooler games, of course. And we had cake. Gifts were bought and opened, but like every year before, I got a few small gifts from my friends and a slightly larger one from my parents.

After a few hours everyone left and I was again home alone with the people who caused me to live such a miserable life. They called themselves my parents, but what child am I of theirs but of a scientist's lab and a dream.

***

School was always a bit difficult but the concept wasn't too hard. Every day I woke up fifteen minutes before five, showered, dressed, did my hair and makeup, and ate breakfast. At six-forty, my mother would drive me to school on her way to work and I would arrive at approximately seven o'clock. Once at school, I would go to my locker, gather the books I needed, and walk to first-period English.

Well, every day except today that is. Today is the twenty- seventh of April. Nothing extraordinary about the date, but today turned out to be the day that changed my life.

I walked through the halls of the all too familiar Pine View High School. Although I was only a freshman, I had been involved in the school since I was six due to the fact that my father was one of the assistant principals. The top floor, where all freshman lockers were, was a large area crowded with kids. The red, cramped lockers were jammed against the pale yellow walls narrowing the hallway on either side by about six inches and therefore making it a whole lot harder for a winged fifteen-year-old to navigate them.