Chapter 15

Maya's POV

Today was the day. The day my boyfriend Joel Pimentel would be attending his first Latin Grammy's and I couldn't be more proud of how far he's come. There's a good side and a bad side to this whole thing. The good side; I will be attending the Grammy's and see the boys on stage. The bad; Amber will be going in Joel's arms.

"I wish it were different Maya. I'd rather walk in with you" Joel approaches me as I was sitting on top of an empty cold table with my legs crossed watching Joel get ready for rehearsals several hours prior to the event.

"I didn't even say anything" I blandly state as he grabs my hands in his, standing just inches away from my face.

"You don't need to. I can see it in your eyes. I'm sorry this is so unfair on you. Please give me the chance to make it up to you" he looks deep into my eyes while lifting up my hands and kissing them not breaking eye contact.

"Well, I do have something in mind" I wrap my arms around his neck resting them there.

"Hm? I'd like to hear this" he places his forehead on mine.

"I was thinking something like this" I attach our lips together.

Slowly taking in the taste of his soft pink lips.

"I like the way you think" he says in between tiny pecks.

"Oh shush" I pull him back in as the kiss was slowly turning into a steamy make-out.

"Ahem" we both pull away to see Amber standing in the doorway clearing her throat. "They're ready for us Joel" she says before walking away.

"I'll be back as soon as I'm done. I promise" he gives my cheek a quick kiss before heading out the door

My eyes gazed at his body as I see him walk out the door.

"Damn" I bite my lip smiling to myself.

I could get used to the view of Joel's back.

"Seriously Maya shut up you sound so cringe" I groan to myself before hopping off the table and going to find my dad.

More than an hour had gone by and I was currently pigging out at the snack table. My dad had me do some paper work before which I had already finished earlier. Taking a few snapchat selfies and videos I locked my phone as soon as I heard the boys coming down the hall.

"Seriously guys it's like a herd of zoo animals running around the building everytime you boys come off stage" I tell the boys as they enter with Amber following behind them.

Without a warning, Chris tackles me into a headlock trapping me as I began to scream.

"Ew Chris you're all sweaty! Let go"

"Not until you say I'm the most perfect human being ever"

"Not even if you were the last person alive on earth" I yell back trying to get out of his grip.

"Hey don't terrorise my girlfriend" Joel yells from across the room, shoving chocolate into his mouth.

"Wow Joel you're so helpful. How about you come here and actually physically help me?"

With sympathy, Chris let me go and I fix up my hair.

"You're going to pay for that Christopher Velez" I playfully shove him.

"I'd love to stay and give you my company Maya but I must head out again" Chris heads out the door with all the boys following.

"Ignore him babe he's just messing around" Joel tells me before also heading out.