Chapter 67

"I bet you didn't see that coming" I giggle as I sat down next to Joel on the couch as he held onto Isaac in his lap.

The show had ended and now we were all hanging out backstage.

"I definitely did not. Seems like the crowd loved you too, aye buddy?" Joel asks Isaac as his attention was somewhere else.

Erick and the rest of the boys were playing around with Isabelle as I continued to sit next to Joel.

"I really missed you, you know?" he turns to me and intertwines our fingers, whispering in my ear so only I could hear

Even though we were already married and have been together for so long, I still get butterflies everytime I felt his touch after a long time.

"And I was thinking, I want to take you out to dinner. Just like old times. What do you say?" he asks.

"I say it will take a miracle to have a peaceful date with these two attached to us" I replied.

"Don't worry about that. The boys can play babysitter for one night. So that's a yes?"

"Joel Pimentel De Leon, you don't let anyone stop you from getting what you want, do you?" I tease with a slight giggle.

"True but look where it's gotten me. Married to the most beautiful woman I've ever laid eyes on" he kisses my knuckles

"You mean, even more than Kendall Jenner?"

"Oh my god Maya, you're not going to let that go, are you?" he throws his head back.

"Nope" I cross my arms and turn around, looking forward with a straight face.

He knew exactly what I was talking about. In one of their recent interviews, the boys were asked about their celebrity crushes and just as I expected, Joel admitted having a crush on Kendall Jenner which I haven't let go of ever since.

"Hey look at me" he placed his finger on my chin and turned my face around. "You're the most beautiful girl I have ever laid eyes on. Even more than Kendall and I'm lucky to be married to the hottest woman on earth"

"I know I'm the prettiest girl you've ever laid eyes on. I just wanted to hear that from you" I smirk, stand up and leave.

"Wait what?" he asks confused.

Walking over to the boys who were holding on to Isabelle, I take her from Ericks arm and hold her.

"Ok play time is over, it's bed time for you" I say.

"But I'm not even tired" Chris replies.

"Not you genius" Richard playfully smacks the back of Christopher's head.

6:42 pm

We were finally back home in our apartment and tonight was date night with Joel, minus the twins. Ingrid and the boys agreed to help babysit the twins for a few hours while we were gone.

"Ok emergency number is on the fridge, I have their food set aside, my phone is full volume so ring me if there's an emergency and-"

"Maya chill, I said we got this ok" Ingrid places a hand on my shoulder.

"I'm sorry, this is the first time I'm leaving these two behind" I sigh.

"Look, they don't even notice you're leaving. Trust us Maya, we got this. Well at least I do and I can handle them. They love me"

"Come on, we have reservations for seven" Joel places an arm around my waist from behind.

"Let me just say goodbye"