Chapter 66

Maya's POV

Joel had been gone for a lot longer than he had anticipated. The boys were facing some issues regarding their music video but had overcome their obstacles overtime. I was still currently living with Joel's family.

"Alright big boy, it's time for bed" I open up the door to Israel's room where I see Isaac watching him play video games.

Israel's full attention was on his T.V as Isaac sat perfectly still next to him. Walking over to Isaac, I pick him up in my arms as he begins to get fidgety in my arms, clearly not wanting to leave the room.

"You can come back tomorrow but you need some rest" I tell him as I continue to walk back to my temporary room.

Since Joel wasn't here, the twins were sleeping beside me on the double bed that Patricia was nice enough to lend me. Joel and the rest of the boys were travelling at the moment to promote their new album. Meaning they would be in a new country every second day or so.

"Is everything alright Maya? Can I get you anything?" Patricia pokes her head into the room as I was putting the twins to bed.

"Oh, no its ok I was just putting them to bed. But thank you for asking" I smiled.

"Alright no problem" she smiles before heading back out again.

The twins would turn one years old in a few days and Joel was heartbroken when he realised he wouldn't be here for the twins first birthday.

4:27am

A few days had passed and it was finally the twins first birthday. I had decided to visit Joel so he wouldn't have to miss out on this special day; which meant catching an early flight. The twins were still asleep and I had packed our bags a day in advance. It was only for a couple of days so I didn't have to carry much baggage. Patricia kindly offered to help me last minute before I had left the house.

"This is my first time travelling alone with the twins and I must say I am nervous. I don't know how I will pull this off" I tell Patricia as I was zipping up my purse.

"You're doing great so far Maya. Trust me, it's all part of the learning experience" she advises.

"I guess you're right. I won't know unless I try" I replied.

I had received a message on my phone from the Uber company that my ride was outside. By now, the twins were awake and both of them had their baby bottles filled with nice warm milk attached to their mouth. Heading outside, the Uber driver was generous enough to help me get the babies seated before I sat inside.

"To the airport please" I say as I tied up my seatbelt.

"Yes ma'am" the driver says before heading off.

The sun was slowly beginning to rise as the sun was beaming over the roads. Reaching the airport, I step out of the car with my bags and pull out my wallet.

"How much?" I ask.

"No need miss, your ride was previously paid for by your dad"

I smile to myself as I place back my wallet. Of course my dad would, he's the only one who knows I'm coming for a surprise visit. It wasn't long before I had checked in and started making my way into the aeroplane. It was still the early hours of dawn meaning the plane was a lot emptier. Due to my twins, I was given a three-seater in the middle aisle which thankfully made my flight a little less stressful.

Many hours had passed and our flight had finally landed. Stepping out of the plane with my bags and the twins, I checked into the airport as usual and searched for my father who would be here ready to pick me up. Searching the crowd of waiting families, my eyes scanned the whole room while standing on my tiptoes.