Chapter 31

Joel and I's eyes widen as we heard my dad come in.

"Shit" I whispered under my breath.

"Maya, are you still in there?" my dad knocks on the bathroom door.

"Uh...yeah almost done" I yell, slowly standing up and stepping out of the bathtub as Joel followed. "Ok, stay here while I go out and think of a distraction. As soon as the coast is clear, you make a run for it. Got it?" I instruct him.

"Yes boss" Joel replies.

I put my clothes on as I leave the bathroom without Joel. My dad was right beside his bed, on his phone. I thought of a distraction as I headed out to the balcony.

"Oh my gosh look at this!" I yell, pointing out into the scenery.

"What happened?" my dad asked, looking up.

"You have to come see this!" I yell, pointing at my dad to come and see for himself.

He stood up and made his way outside. Just as he had stepped out, Joel poked his head out and made a run for it out the door, as quietly as he could.

"Oh nevermind, it was nothing. My bad" I nervously chuckle.

My dad just shakes his head in disappointment and we both head back in.

7:02 am

My eyes fluttered open by the sound of running water in the shower. It was way too early to be awake but I was used to it. Every time I traveled with the boys, it was normal to wake up this early. Sitting up slightly, I stretch my arms and let out a loud yawn. I then grabbed my phone from beside my pillow and began checking all of my social medias, just like I do every other morning.

After I was done checking my phone, I placed it back down and hopped out of bed. My insanely tiny bladder was busting to go to the bathroom and I had no idea how long my dad would be in the shower. Therefore, I decided to use one of the other boy's bathrooms. Grabbing my things, I hear loud noises of yelling and cheering as I got closer to the door. Opening it up and taking one step outside, I almost get run over by an oncoming luggage cart.

"What the hell!" I yell before jumping to the side.

"Sorry Maya!" Chris yells, flying past me.

He and the boys were the ones making loud noises in the hallway. Joel was pulling on the luggage cart from the front, while Erick and Chris were the ones riding inside it. Richard on the other hand, was the one pushing it from the back as they ran with the cart. Ignoring their childish behaviour, I walk inside the closest room I could find.

"Hey Zabdi, mind if I use your bathroom?" I ask as he was sitting on his bed, putting his shoes on.

"Go right ahead" he says.

"Thanks" I head into the bathroom, locking the door.

After freshening up, I grab my night clothes and begin to head out of the room. I realised Zabdiel had also already left. Opening the door to leave, I, yet once again, almost get run over for the same reason.

"You know what? I've had enough" I groan.

They all stop and stare.

"It's like living with a bunch of zoo animals" I say.

"We didn't see you coming out, I promise" Erick innocently says, stepping out of the cart.

"All of you, off. You guys owe me a ride now" I step into the cart.

"Alright everybody, you heard the woman" Joel says, placing his hands on the gold metal bars.

Richard and Chris stood behind me, ready to push the cart. While Zabdiel and Erick stood in front, ready to pull the cart. Whereas Joel, just stood beside me with his hands still on the bar.