Chapter 56

Still cuffed to the bedpost, I began fiddling with the handcuffs, trying to let myself loose. However, I knew it was all completely useless. Joel had left me here until the party would end. How exactly is he planning on explaining my sudden disappearance to everyone?

"Come on" I groaned, pulling back and forth on the cuffs.

Just then, I heard footsteps making their way up the stairs.

"Joel?" said the familiar voice.

Shit.

"Bro, where you at?" it was Richard and he was getting closer.

Just then, the door to Joel's room opens as Richard lets himself in.

"Joe- oh my god. Maya?"

I wanted to start crying then and there because of the humiliation. Thank god the sheets had covered my nude breasts or else they would be completely exposed to Richard right now.

"I know this looks weird, but I'll explain later. Can you get me off these please?" I begged.

"Uh...yeah sure" he makes his way in as he begins looking for the keys around in the drawers.

"I'm so sorry you had to see me like this" my cheeks had now gotten bright red due to embarrassment.

"I can't say this isn't the weirdest thing I've ever walked in on" he says as he continued to open several drawers. "I can't seem to find the keys Maya"

I relaxed my arms and closed my eyes, letting out a deep sigh as I realised something.

"Joel took the keys with him" I roll my eyes.

"Joel did this?" he asked.

"Like I said, I'll explain later. You know what Richard? Don't worry about it, I'll wait till Joel gets here" I say.

I had told him to leave the room as I know Joel would find out if someone had been in here. My arms were aching from being in the same position for a long time. Another ten minutes had passed before I heard another pair of footsteps making their way to the room.

"Everyone is almost gone; my mum keeps asking for you and I'm running out of excuses, so I guess I'll let you out" Joel pulls out the key from his pocket and unties me.

As soon as my hands were free, I began rubbing my wrists as there were red marks all over them. Joel stayed in the room as I started to dress myself again. He had sat down on the bed as he ran his hand over the red belt marks all over my body.

"You know I hate doing this to you. Don't test my patience like that ever again" he says.

"Can I go home?" I softly ask as my clothes were back on.

"Not yet" he says.

We both made our way downstairs again, realizing Joel was right. Everyone really was almost gone and only a few families were staying back. Even then, people were making their way to the door as Patricia waved them off. Walking next to Joel, I see Richard look up at me, giving me an intent stare; one that showed as if he knew something was wrong. I stared back at him before looking away again.

"Can I go to the bathroom?" I asked Joel.

"Alright, then come straight back to me when you're done"

I nod my head as I changed directions to go to the bathroom. Before I had shut the door, I see Richard still gazing at me. Closing the door behind me, I made my way to the sink which had a mirror placed right on top, giving myself a good look as I inspected my red and puffy face from previously crying. Cupping my hands, I gathered water in my wrists and splashed it over my face, feeling just a tiny bit fresh. As I was doing so, I hear someone knock on the door; it must be Joel. I headed over and opened it, realizing it was Richard before shutting the door again.